SurvivingInfidelity.com® > New Beginnings
So I *might* just be a little tipsy after a wonderful baseball game and post-game bar crawl with friends, but I'm like -- three things? How can I choose?
1. I am friends with a few people who work for the running store that sponsors me. I was the only non-coworker that was invited to their company outing at the baseball game tonight. So much fun!!!
2. Going out to the bar after was great! The Hawks won the game! There was much celebration!
3.So many people have offered to help me move. It shouldn't anymore, but it still amazes me how fundamentally good most people are. I had a skewed vision of people after thinking that XWH was normal. Since he's a sociopath, he's not. I truly believe that most people are good, and I just got saddled with a bad apple.
Hope everyone else is doing fantastic! Life is great!
1. Having received a call today from 'special friend' that I was on his mind. Made my day.
2. Gotting all my errands done, including fixing my ipad for travel, having my car detailed and picking up stuff for my deck that has turned into a little oasis for me and my girls.
3. My beloved cat 'Cooper' having recovered from being neutered yesterday and hanging out with me tonight and being able to jump up on his favorite hang out spot again.
Oops, quote did not work.
[This message edited by fraeuken at 12:32 AM, June 9th (Sunday)]
[This message edited by fraeuken at 12:33 AM, June 9th (Sunday)]
1. I passed my third (and hopefully final) securities exam today. It was tough, but I am done!
2. Just had the walk-through on the house I am buying tomorrow. All looks good. Super excited to get out of this apartment! The previous owner left some stained glass panels that must have been in the house at some time. I'm looking forward to figuring out where they were and seeing if I can reinstall them.
3. I don't have to study tonight! I do have to pack, or at least I should, but I don't have to worry about net capital requirements, or Regulation D, or tons of other boring things that don't impact my job.
I'm staying positive tonight...so here are my three things.
1. First day of practice with my CC girls. I love being a coach.
2. I think I've got all this online master's class stuff sorted. It's going to be time consuming...but completely worth it.
3. My front yard landscaping project is 2/3 complete. As I was backing out of the driveway to treat myself to dinner, I had to stop and admire how cute my house is beginning to look.
1) Looking forward to moving in with Tesla and/or PHMH. They are fixing up houses just for me!
A guy can dream can't he?? I think Tesla said something about a girl can dream some time ago.
2) Just booked a business trip to San Diego and Orange County next week. Going to stay with my little sister and my niece. I just love them!
3) Father's Day weekend is essentially here. Will watch the US Open Golf Tourney with my son Sunday afternoon. Will beat the golf ball around tomorrow before eating at my next door neighbors house with my girlfriend and my son. Don't tell PHMH, but he is cooking ribeye steaks for us.
4) And since number one is a pipe dream, I am just so happy for the love, loyalty and friendship I get from my three wonderful dogs - especially my two Welsh Corgis.
1. My house is finally sold. It is a relief to know that I won't have to go through a foreclosure and to know that the last reason I have to communicate with the ex will be gone in a month or so.
2. I have saved up almost enough to buy a plane ticket to visit my sister in Italy over winter break. I haven't done much international travel. I went to Mexico a lot as a kid but mostly stayed near the border and the ex and I went to the Dominican Republic. I'm looking forward to seeing Italy. Maybe I will rent a motorcycle while I am there.
3. My other sister got married this week. In spite of my current feelings about the institution, I am happy that she lives in a time and place where she can marry the person she loves.
1) Spending the night with my sisters tonight
2) Plotting to fix my car up a bit (new sunvisor en route)
3) Slow progress on getting back into shape, but giving myself points for effort
1)Finally no more in house separation ... All moved and finally home!
2)STBXWH got a ticket, a small ticket, for not wearing a seat belt but still a ticket!
3) OW was arrested for shop lifting ... I can't stop laughing!
Today I am really thankful for:
1. air conditioning
2. that I forked out the big bucks at the beginning of the year to replace my ancient A/C system
3. and that I got my brother the electrician to install 3 ceiling fans in my house when he was here at the beginning of the month
not so much happy about the projected 106 degree temperature for today, though..
1. I have internet again! The previous owner of my house never had internet, and the wiring was old. Took about 3 weeks, but I'm back, baby!
2. I absolutely love my new house and my new neighborhood. I am just happier and happier every single day. I still have some unpacking, organizing, and home improvement projects to do, but I love it!
3. My neighborhood is so, so welcoming, and my next door neighbor, though a bit intrusive, is great. She asked me how old I was yesterday. I responded that I was 35, and she said she'd been telling all the neighbors I was 27 "You're preserved so well!" she said. Just made me laugh.
4. Had front row seats to a Boyz II Men, 98 Degrees, NKOTB concert this week. Went with some great friends. I never really liked the latter two bands, but they put on a great show, and I've been waiting to see B II M live since 7th grade!!! Now I just have to get a Phillies hat where the P is in rhinestones.
5. My parrots are loving this new house. They are happier than they've been in a year (they could also be picking up on my increased happiness.) It's been so fun to watch them enjoying themselves so much. I've taken a ton of videos of them singing and dancing -- something they did infrequently in our apartment.
6. XWH sent me another e-mail asking me to send naked pictures. I felt nothing but extreme pity. If you care about looks and have a hot, fit wife that you cheat on with a clone of your mom (who is neither hot nor fit), these are your consequences. Last time when he'd sent that e-mail, it made me cry and wonder why I wasn't enough. Now I'm just happy he showed he wasn't enough and I'm at indifference. YAY!
So many fantastic things phmh!
1) My sister moving in took away the space I'd just set up for painting, but moving it into my bedroom gives me more motivation to paint. I have this 3 foot unfinished Batman painting staring at me the second I set foot in the room.
2) I'm finally starting to see progress in my running.
3) I found a new page turner. It has really been too long since I couldn't put a book down.
1. There is a designer consignment shop near me. I went today and bought a ton of really cute clothes. So cheap yet quality! And I got a fabulous purple dress for my company's big gala in the fall.
2. About to head to a friend's house and then a local festival. Will be a great evening!
3. Went back on OLD last week after a 6 month hiatus and have several first meetings planned. I seem to be getting higher quality hits this time around. Yay!
1.Found a beautiful pair of shoes at my favorite second hand store.Glad to lose some weight, felt great today!
2. Took my twin boys out walking around the neighbors, fed the neighbors horses, watch the duckies and their cute babies. They were so happy. Awesome day!
3. Pick up some stuff where I have been storing at my girlfriend house, she was so nice and supportive!
[This message edited by Blackhair at 12:44 AM, July 14th (Sunday)]
3) OW was arrested for shop lifting ... I can't stop laughing!
1) I'm still in staycation mode (another three whole days :)
2) I have a lovely peaceful light-filled antique apartment on a quiet leafy street. (Procrastinating on the unpacking/organizing, but hey, I'm on vacay!)
3) I sleep better than I have in years. All my x sends is money.
After everything that's happened in the last five years, I realize that all of this can disappear in a heartbeat, but I'm enjoying it for right now.
[This message edited by FaithFool at 10:59 AM, July 14th (Sunday)]
1. Camping with a dog and kid takes intestinal fortitude. But we made it and had a lot of great little moments interspersed between 4 year old meltdowns.
2. My house is very close to being a real, functional house again. I can actually use all of the rooms!!
3. A big pot of lovely homebrewed coffee. After having to drink the instant crap while camping, I really, really love kicking back and drinking a pot of coffee.
I like this idea. Apparently it's impossible to be scared and grateful at the same time.
1. The weather out has been absolutely beautiful, and now I have a nice little tan.
2. My flatmates, who I initially didn't want to move in (I'd practically been living on my own since my last flat,ate spent most the time at her boyfriend's) have been lovely and supportive through my horrible flu last week, and now this guy situation. I think they're becoming friends.
3. I like a guy. It's scaring the hell out of me, but it's also progress. I'd like to be in a relationship again one day, and this is the first step I've taken towards that.
I only got one, but it's all I need tonight...
Teslet has been a handful with his boundary testing and his tantrums lately...
but then this happens:
We are watching a pbs show where the topic is about how when grown-ups leave, they always come back (I know, right! Serious mixed emotions for me). At the end of the program as I pick Teslet up to get him ready for bed...he gives me a huge hug, buries his face in my neck and sobs, "I love you so much, mom."
Holy crap, I started crying too!!
God, I love that kid.
1. I finished cleaning my apartment (moved out mid-June but had the lease through the end of July) and the landlord promised me they'd return my entire security deposit if I let them in a week early to do some updating. I wasn't going to use it anyway, so it's a win-win.
2. It's cooled down a bit, so running and biking have been extra enjoyable.
3. I have a fun weekend planned that I have been anticipating for months. I can't wait!