SurvivingInfidelity.com® > New Beginnings
1. My son called last night to say he's coming to visit!!!
2. My crazed puppy is finally becoming a companion
3. I'm in a pretty good place financially for the first time since the divorce...
1. I got caught in a downpour on my way home from work tonight (I bike commute) and wound up having a memorable ride home. It's amazing how much a good attitude helps when things don't exactly go your way. I'm feeling pretty bad-ass right now.
2. My parrot figured out a particularly tough foraging toy. For years, I'd been making it easier for her to get her treat, but I forgot this morning and she did it anyway. I totally underestimated her!
3. I usually try to keep my three things dating-free, but not today as I have met a man who is kind, funny, similar interests, etc. It's still super early days, so I'm just living in the moment and enjoying the ride.
1) yesterday was my 1st antiversary...and I didn't really care!
2) my girlfriends came over last night and we had so much fun just talking. It was great!
3) I'm rockin' a pretty hot dress today and work and have gotten several compliments. Yay!
[This message edited by Survivor3512 at 1:32 PM, August 1st (Thursday)]
1. It's the weekend!!!!!!!
2. Did my first 20 mile run of the season, and I feel great! I got talked into doing a couple of 50Ks this fall (usually I just do one marathon) so I need to step up my mileage from where I usually am.
3. Life is good. I am just so happy and content.
1) I have my house to myself this weekend - both adult kids are out of town!
2) A good friend dropped by and fixed my outdoor propane grill so I won't blow myself up!
3) I have some work for Monday to do at home today, but other than that I am just enjoying being home with just the dogs!
1. My parrots and I are currently having a dance party. They've got some moves :)
2. I'm having dinner with one of my good friends tomorrow night. It got moved up from Friday, so I get to see her one day earlier.
3. Getting a haircut this weekend. I am quite past due for one, so I can't wait to have nice ends again!
Blech. Had bad day today, so I particularly need to think about good things!
1. It is not winter. I can still ride my bike to/from work. I usually get home while there's still light out. I need to enjoy that while I can!
2. My dinner last night with my friend was fantastic. We are opposites in so many ways, but we are soul-mate friends. I feel so lucky to know her!
3. My sister is moving across country to grad school, which makes me very sad, but my parents brought over her old bed (for my guest room) and dresser (for my clothes) so I can delay purchasing those things a little longer and focus my money on fixing up the house. Yay!
Needing to practice some gratitude today.
1. I got a full night's sleep and woke up at my leisure this morning.
2. I have friends who care about me and check on me when I go dark.
3. I have a large, diverse, and (mostly) loving family that pulls together when the clouds are forming.
Who else is feeling the need for gratitude today?
-Did not had a good sleep last night but luckily my babysitter( full time) showed up and looking after the babies now, so I can catch up some sleep.
- My twin boys BD today, so many friends/ family called " Happy BD"!
-Beautiful sunny day as it rained for the past weekend!
NIK, I could use some strengthening of my gratitude muscles!
1. Tomorrow marks 3 months in my house, and I still LOVE it. Every morning I wake up, look around at the beauty that is my house, and feel so lucky to live here.
2. Even when my job is stressful (TODAY), I work with good people, do interesting work, and am well-compensated. And I can eat whatever I want for dinner when I get home, even if all I want is a big bowl of pretzels and some cheese. (Not every day, or I'd be malnourished, but definitely tonight!)
3. To burn off some of my work stress, I biked home like a demon and made it home in record time. Even ran into a friend at a stoplight (he was in his car.) It was cool enough that I could bike as fast as I want and not have to worry about turning into a sweat ball.
All is good with no worries...
1) My oldest DS and his long term girlfriend just book their flight to come here (my home) for Thanksgiving! Yay So excited...
2) I have met someone that I am enjoying getting to know better.
3) All is good with no worries ...
1) I found my kindle last night so now I can finish reading the Game of Thrones series!
2) Did a solo hike after work yesterday; got to try out some new gear and made great time.
3) It's Friday
1. I am managing this hectic fall and somehow still finding little bits of me time here and there.
2. Teslet got to see his very first rainbow yesterday. Priceless.
3. Think I made a new friend this week. I am so grateful to no longer be isolated and to have people in real life with whom I can share my joys and sorrows!
1) Total Acceptance: from my three adult kids about me dating, from my youngest (whom I was worried about) "Mom I hear how much happier you are and I am so happy for you!"
2) Total Acceptance of just being who I am without any type of ridicule from a person I am getting to know
3) I am embracing the total acceptance of myself and being able to express the difference between my wants vs needs and it is all a great place to be ... no matter where it takes me!
I went for a fabulous walk with my two year old son
My new guy texted me and said this weekend can't come quick enough so he can kiss me and have me in his arms again.
I made my patient at work smile
1) Been getting in better shape for the fall running race season. Doing a lot of stomach exercises.
2)My kids are doing well. Daughter really enjoys her new job downtown Chicago and my son loves college in Louisville where he pledged Pike to be like his Dad.
3) On the road in North Carolina. Only one more night away from home and I will be back with my beloved dogs!
1. Ran 20 miles on Sunday. Fastest 20 I've ever done. It felt great to get in the finish area and it wasn't crowded!
2. Teslet is obsessed with chestnuts. He found one although it was not near a chestnut tree. He was so delighted when I told him that they come from trees that he wanted to go find more. Found a chestnut tree on my drive home last night and the look of pure delight on Teslet's face when I told him I had found a tree was so freaking cute. Just makes me so grateful to be a mom
3. I'm busy and overwhelmed but still treading water and not curled up in the fetal position yet...pretty grateful for that!
1. Just treated myself to a massage over lunch. Very happy I can afford to do that.
2. Happy DD16 will go for her Seal of Biliteracy in my native language, German. Proud that she embraces her heritage fully.
3. Excited to go and see my favorite German singer in SF on Friday night. Going with a wonderful group of friends and colleagues and will sing my little heart out.
I am so glad that I am in a place where I can post 3 things! That did not count for the first one
1. My new house is beginning to feel like a home.
2. Received my first paper back from my mediation class/internship with the comments "Spectacular" and "Excellent".
3. My 3 DD's are settling into school nicely. 2 in college and 1 in HS
1. I'm starting to seriously think about decorating my house, now that I've been here over three months (!!!) and have settled in. I found some fabulous light switch and outlet covers on etsy and can't wait for them to come. Also some amazing lights. My house will be so beautiful and all me!
2. I took tomorrow off of work as I hadn't used much (any) vacation so far. So my weekend starts tonight! (I am meeting a friend at 5:30 tomorrow morning to run, so I'll still go to bed early tonight.)
3. Our local film festival starts tonight! I have 12 vouchers, and free tickets for a couple of other movies. I am going to be watching movies like a madwoman!
4. My local favorite independent radio station is having a party this weekend as well. I'm friends with a couple of the DJs, and it's going to be so much fun!!!
5. I'd been feeling a bit down lately, but then my parents visited this past weekend and all was right with the world again. I am so lucky to have them.
6. I just finished an amazing book that, once again, made me so happy I was born in the time that I was and not several decades earlier. And I have to give my WWII vet friend a HUGE hug next time I see him. I can't imagine.