SurvivingInfidelity.com® > New Beginnings
1. Finally getting my act together w/r/t fixing some things around the house. I called a landscaper today and someone to fix the stucco on the outside of my house. Let's hope some of this can get done before winter!
2. The rain held off for my bicycle commute to and from work today. I thought I'd get wet coming home, but I was lucky!
3. I've been doing a little too much socializing and going out lately, so I turned down all plans for tonight and I'm staying home with laundry, pizza, and a good book. Life is good.
1. Ran my fall marathon this weekend and qualified for Boston by over 5 minutes, which means I'm essentially guaranteed entry into 2015 if I decide to do it (still unsure -- already did it once and the race was perfect, but XWH [aka "Dark Cloud of Doom and Gloom"] was there to ruin the rest of the experience.)
2. Saw a hilarious documentary today. It's called "Unhung Hero" and I highly recommend it -- everyone in the theater was laughing like crazy! It's about a guy who proposed to his girlfriend on the jumbotron at a UCLA basketball game -- she said no; it went viral. She declined in part because he had a small penis, so he made a documentary to explore if you can really make it bigger, does it matter, etc.? Very good!!!
3. A friend of a friend (who is also becoming my friend) finally decided to divorce her abusive husband (suspected infidelity as well) and she cited me as an inspiration for having a great life after divorce :)
Congrats, phmh, for your success at the marathon.
Here are my latest threes:
- For years I dreamed about having abundant, overflowing flower boxes on my deck. A few months ago I finally spent the money and set it all up. All my plants have taken off, there is an abundance of flowers, beautiful smells and hummingbirds are coming to visit every day. I just love to sit very still on my deck and watch these amazing little birds stop by and get their nectar.
- DD11 is going on a week long trip with her school which gives me an opportunity to spend a lot of quality one-on-one time with DD16 this week. XH is not available to take her and I thank God for him being busy. DD16 and I will eat all our favorite foods, watch our favorite shows and go and see a Pink concert on Thursday night.
- A guy I met on OLD last year and talked to and texted with a lot but never met because I just was not ready to, checked in with me via text out of the blue. We spontaneously decided to meet last Friday for a drink and ended up spending 6 hours talking about our lives, our plans and dreams for the future... He asked me out again and I think I will go.
[This message edited by fraeuken at 11:19 PM, October 6th (Sunday)]
I love reading these. I want everyone to keep following up so I know where the stories go next!
1) I applied for a job last spring and although it came down to me and one other candidate, I didn't get it. Just got an email today from the boss asking if I would still consider the job! So happy to be thought of again, no matter what happens.
2) I saw so many great friends this weekend. I went to party where I only knew the host/hostess and I worked that room and met some really great people. I left feeling like people are good and nice!
3) Fall is beautiful. The changing season gives me hope.
I adore this thread! It is so nice to read others accomplishment and nice things in life!
1. I am thankful for my three adult children and their support of my happiness.
2. I having a terrific weekend/past week with my SO.
3. I am happy for all that has happened in my life. All the learning stepping stones to get me to this point ... and for meeting someone that appreciates me for just being me.
Have a wonderful day everyone!
Please forgive this incredibly shallow and shopping oriented gratitude list:
1) Finally went to the new outlet mall in Phoenix with my sister last night, and oh, we were in heaven.
2) Found a new scent I adore, Bvlgari Omnia Coral. I've been looking for a new scent for years! It's summery, but I love summer so I will happily wear it year round
3) Also plunged in and got some baking things I've been eyeing, cupcake tower/carrier and dessert decorator. No more ziplock bags, saran wrap, and toothpicks for this girl.
And phmh, congrats on the qualification! Run it.
Love this thread! Mine are small today.
1) The heat finally broke here, and it's a gorgeous, crisp fall day.
2) Had my second session with a "parenting coach" and it showed me that my children are really and truly doing okay right now, despite the never-ending divorce! She gave me the strength to carry on a little longer!
3) Going out to celebrate my birthday on Thursday night with a great group of friends.
Three more things:
1. Made my boss really happy today (very difficult to do..) and got a big compliment on my work from him.
2. DD16 choose not to go her father's this week and not either for the coming weekend. Yeah, it gave me time for so many great conversations and dinners with DD16.
3. Heading to a late dinner now with my best friend. Chianti, Gnocchi and pizza are awaiting me. Who cares about the extra 10 pounds I carry around?
[This message edited by fraeuken at 11:54 PM, October 8th (Tuesday)]
So much too post..
1. Friend gave DD11 a ride to her soccer game. That gave me 4 hours of my life back, spent on buying new incense and visiting the local farmer's market. Lovely.
2. Watching Tom Selleck in Blue Bloods with DD11 and DD16. All three of us love him, particularly his voice. Did I mention the freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and a glass of Chianti along with the sight of Mr. Selleck?
3. Once XH picks up kids tomorrow, I will head out for a pedi and then later for one of my friend's live music gigs.
Life is good.
1. Got a compliment from a very hard to please guy today. My friend and I were the official scorers at an ultra marathon and he (the race director) told us that he didn't have any anxiety at all with us at the helm. It was a beautiful day and we had a great time!
2. Went to a fun brandy party last night. Met some new people and it didn't feel awkward that I was the only person not part of a couple at the party.
3. Having dinner tomorrow night with some old friends who have moved out of town. I haven't seen them in a year, so it will be great to catch up!
1. My adult kids got to visit together last night ... I love them!
2. Another perfect weekend with SO.
3. Helping my youngest planning his wedding with his SO. And DS has included oldest DS and DD so glad they are all coming together for each other ... Couldn't ask for anything better!
1. Going back to college tomorrow, had my orientation today.
2. Got a good workout in this morning.
3. Was going to be tight money wise the next couple weeks but a small check I was waiting on came in.
1. Went to a fancy gala on Saturday with my good friend. Wore a fabulous dress, great boots, and helped to raise some money for an amazing charity (wildlife rehabilitation center.) Plus, I won a couple of great things in the silent auction (loon cookie jar, antique goose statue, nature paving stones for my garden.) And got to see a rehabbed owl released back into the wild. Yay!
2. Ran a race this morning, out of state. Ran into a good friend from that state that I hadn't seen in a year. Total shocker!!! Wound up taking 1st in my age group as a bonus.
3. My sweetest parrot has been even sweeter than usual lately. Sometimes he is so adorable that I can't even stand it, and tonight was one of those times. I am so lucky to have found him! He was very severely abused for the first nine years of his life, and it never ceases to amaze me how resilient he is and how loving and trusting he can became after that. I think he has a lesson for me.
thankful that fall is here, and another hectic pool/pond/garden tending season is put to bed for number 1.
2. chili and wine party with 20 dear friends, with a bonfire and sitting outside in perfect temperate weather
3, home from there now on my couch with my feet up under a fuzzy throw and two sweet doggie babies cuddled up next to me. And a new book for when I have read SI front to back again. Life is good.
I had a total, selfish ME day yesterday. I haven't taken a day off from school in almost a month.
1. Pulled all of my tomatoes out of my garden and clipped my lavender back. Love to work in my garden.
2. Visited a cool chocolate shop
3. Made a fire in my fire pit, and when kids arrived home, we made s'mores.
1. I woke up to a text message this morning from my gf asking how full my "love tank" is and how she could make me feel more loved
2. Finished my 5th Step Sat and felt loved and supported in light of so many seemingly negative things
3. A good friend invited me over to watch the Broncos game last night-- I'm lucky to have friends that want to spend their time with me.
My DD can't keep a secret/surprise in her pocket for two seconds ...
1) I have known for a month that oldest DS and his girlfriend are coming here for Thanksgiving ... DD is coming too!
2) Going to meet SO's young adult DD soon for lunch (nervous but all will be good). And his DS is coming home from the military soon.
3) Just very thankful for my NB, Fall and all the crispness in the air of this time of year!
1) I learned a quick cure for heartburn: heel drops You stand on tippy toes, swallow a mouthful of water and immediately drop your heels down hard. This came in handy after too much wine and tomato sauce last night!
2) A FB friend said, "I knew YOU would be the first to say that!" (in a good way) to something he had posted.
3) A woman I always liaised with at a national magazine left and I missed our regular repartee. I just found out that she has joined our Toronto United Way in a capacity that will have us liaising regularly again. Yay!
[This message edited by lynnm1947 at 11:09 AM, October 22nd (Tuesday)]
1. I have lost 8 lbs and have a great new shape thanks to an awesome personal trainer and a new diet from my doctor. (no more stomach problems)
2. I completed my new years resolutions - 5- 5K races this year. Already starting on next years resolution
3. Getting flirted with by some guys at work. That was nice. Nothing inappropriate, just nice :)
1. My boss being out of town for two weeks as of tomorrow, so I get to work from home that entire time. No commute, saving on gas and gaining about 2 hours back every day.
2. Going to a Rodeo with my best friends next Saturday.
3. Working at my leisure through my drawers and closets and tossing, donating and organizing as I want to.