SurvivingInfidelity.com® > New Beginnings
Thank you for the bump!
1. Realizing that I have moved into the next phase of healing.
2. My oldest daughter will be coming home tomorrow for spring break. I have really missed her!
3. My youngest daughter and I are finally reconnecting! She is 16 and is finally coming out of the hormonal fog. But better yet I have learned not to over-react.
1) I am a new grandma ... and adjusting to being so far away from my kids.
2) I am truly happy with "me" and I finally "love me" again.
3) I am truly content with my life ... and "It's all good!"
Yes -- thanks for the bump. I had been doing a lot of complaining about my job, so #1 is:
1. My job is wonderful again! My old boss came back to the company, and has improved the environment so much (shielding me from the toxic head of the business) that I'm happy to be at work again!
2. I had a great long trail run this morning with a lady who is quickly becoming one of my closest friends.
3. The NCAA team for which my dad and I have season tickets somehow managed to pull off a home playoff game (conference tournament), so we're going to that next week.
1. My brother is moving back to the area. It was fun driving around looking for apartments with him!
2. As I was going into the grocery store, I saw one of my cross country girls outside the store, raising money for her track packet. (I don't coach track...just cross country.) She ran up to me and gave me a big hug...said how much she missed me!
3. One of my students gave me special coffee for a Christmas gift...I thoroughly relished brewing and enjoying it this morning.
1) I just got to spend a few days with my beautiful daughter who was home with me the last three nights. I love her so much.
2) All alone tonight while we get an ice storm, but my beloved herd of three dogs is at my feet keeping me company.
3) I am also happy for my harem of Surviving Infidelity gals that have been so nice to me the last couple years including PHMH, Tesla, Williesmom, Frauken, and Macakipa -all very wonderful women
And finally, my son comes home from college on Friday for spring break. Hoping the weather is better so we can play some golf..
1) I assembled shelving for my garage all by myself today (something I didn't think I could do)
2) I learned something important about myself this week, with the help of an SI friend, that is really helping me to finally do the right thing for me
3) I've had several great conversations with DD21 this week that prove to me that I am developing a close relationship with my adult child AND she will be home next weekend from school for a few days
[This message edited by persevere at 8:12 PM, March 2nd (Sunday)]
1. I am close to knowing where I will live once the marital house is sold.
2. My SO of 3+ months and I are planning to go away together for a few days in April.
3. My cute puppy is lying next to me as I type this.
1. I am being more productive at work. I'm starting to get the "old me" back - the powerhouse doer who amazed is doing again.
2. I have a job I love and I think I'm doing a damn good job. I stand up for myself and don't take crap (I work mostly with men) and I am getting better about asking for help as if it's something I should do and should get.
3. Firehouse Guy is turning out to be fun to have around in a FWB way. I live in a pretty remote spot so its sort of a LDR. He has entanglements with his past GF and XW and I'm not sure we are compatible long term but I feel desired and I enjoy what time we do get together. I'm learning not to be attached and to be unsure and let it be just like that and not have to do anything about it right now.
3. 3. Again because I'm just basically happy. I deal with stress. I've got court tomorrow. It's raining. I'm behind on work. I'm fat. yadda yadda. Whatever. I'm basically happy and that all by itself is a miracle.
1. I have front row seats to concerts by Lady Gaga and Outkast this summer. I CANNOT wait!!!!! Also, yay (or maybe hey ya!) for connected NB friends!!!
2. About to head to yoga class. It's yin yoga, which I've only previously done via DVD (as opposed to class) so I am super excited!!!
3. Took down my dating profile -- and this time because I met someone and not because I got burned out by the process. Shocking! Bonus: he works 2nd shift so I still get plenty of time with friends and alone to do stuff.
1. My friends here at SI inspired me to give up resentment and whining for lent.
2. My tax return was deposited into my bank account
3. I had fun playing crazy eights with DD
Bonus 4. My puppy didn't poop in the house today :)
1. I started seeing a new IC yesterday who wants to work on getting me better to tools to identify someone who shares my values next time. I left feeling like I'm going to be able to grow and heal and come out better!
2. I'm going back to a Cards Against Humanity meet-up tonight...I really had fun the first time I went!
3. I had my review today at work and while I knew it was going to be positive it's still nice to hear that my boss is happy with me!
Really need this right now!
1)Iím making beef enchiladas tonight. This is exciting and eventful, please donít judge.
3)SO passed a physical test that has been worrying him.
ETA: Norabird I love Cards Against Humanity, fun game
[This message edited by Crescita at 1:53 PM, March 5th (Wednesday)]
1. For the first time ever, I got flowers from a beau last night. They went in my kitchen, alongside my Valentine's flowers from my coworker's husband (gay and a great friend -- he didn't want me feeling left out on the holiday so no funny business going on) and the flowering potted plant I won at a fund raising event last week. It looks like I live in a greenhouse!
2. I love my new spontaneous life! Just got a call from a friend who has an extra (free) ticket to a sold-out arena concert for tonight. Of course I'm interested!
3. Weather is finally warming up so I was able to get some decent-length runs in this weekend. Come on spring!!!
1. Had a great Sunshine weekend!!
2. Possible move in with SO this coming summer...
3. DD is actually going to be moving home!
So excited and can't wait for her to get home and start her new beginning
1. I started organizing a happy hour last year where I made my worlds collide (a la George Costanza) -- it's gotten quite popular and I'm having another one on Friday. Super excited!
2. Three people at work have taken up running and told me it's because of my inspiration. Made me feel really good because running has changed my life, and I'm happy that others might experience the same thing because of my example.
3. I have amazing parents. My relationship with my dad in particular has really taken off in the past few years.
1. It is Officially Spring!!! Happy Spring Everyone!
2. Spring Break Starts tomorrow and I will be spending it with my SO.
3. All three of my kids and my two grand babies are happy and healthy ...
This thread has been going on for almost two years!!!
1. My mom dropped cookies off for me last Saturday and they are so delicious. She is an amazing baker.
2. Had another decent marathon finish last Saturday. Running another one this Saturday -- trying a back-to-back for the first time. Fingers crossed!
3. Have been able to ride my bike to/from work for a month now. Everything is just so much better when I don't have to start/end my day with traffic.
had the day off yesterday and
1. slept in - until 9! remarkable!
2. it was sunny and warm all day
3. took DD9 bike riding for a few miles
Today I feel full of thankfulness!
1. I am thankful to be going home and seeing my parents this weekend for Easter. Thankful we're so close to each other, and excited about the awesome lamb cake I'll get to eat!
2. I am thankful for my friends! Who are willing to play shuffleboard with me
3. I am thankful for new spring leaves on the trees, and flowers coming out, and warmer, lighter days!
And SI of course
1) It's a half day at work today so I get an early start to my weekend.
2) Looking forward to getting together with friends and family over the next few weeks for the holiday.
3) Next Friday, I am finally, finally, addressing a dental issue that was created 15 years ago when I had a baby tooth pulled.