SurvivingInfidelity.com® > New Beginnings
Holy cow, phmh, back to back marathons!!! That's great! Hope they both went well.
1. Teslet and I have found this happy, giggly groove.
2. My dog is awesome.
3. My cat is the best snuggler.
1. Spent the afternoon volunteering with my coworkers at a food bank. Great reminder of how good my life really is.
2. Going out to dinner with one of my really good friends tonight.
3. Ran a 50K last weekend and finished in the top 10 ladies.
4. I still have a bit of muscle soreness from my race. I love it!!!
5. Haircut scheduled for tomorrow -- yay! I love my stylist so it will be great to catch up.
6. Yoga class tomorrow!!!
7. One of my favorite authors of WWII spy novels is coming to my town on Friday for a reading. I am going, and then to a bar where my friend's band is playing (he's the lead singer). Friday will be fabulous!
8. A random tulip is growing in the middle of my backyard.
9. I don't have anything scheduled for Sunday, so I can relax, read, and clean my house a bit.
10. Just found out I received a comp entry to the one 5K I do every year. Score!!!
1) Tomorrow I'm finally getting braces. So stinking excited it's ridiculous
2) After a reading dry spell I have three captivating books queued up on my kindle.
3) Planning a whirlwind weekend with my SO; road-trip, camping, hiking, being a tourist, visiting a charming town, sampling a new brewery, watching my smarty pants nephew get an award. Should be fun!
ETA: phmh, w2g on all your running achievements, and everything else! I love reading about everything we all have to be grateful for
[This message edited by Crescita at 5:37 PM, May 13th (Tuesday)]
1. This thread has been going on for almost 2 years! (though I probably have half of the posts -- come on, guys. I know life is fabulous for you, too!!!)
2. Made some roasted broccoli tonight. It was so super easy and delicious. Will become part of my rotation. YUM!!!
3. Have an appointment with the window guys for my house on Thursday. I've been meaning to do this for a while but kept putting it off due to work. I finally took a half day and made the appointment.
4. One of my parrots got really sick and almost died earlier this month. Luckily I caught it soon enough and he spent some time in the ER, but he's doing really, really well. At the time of divorce, I really wanted WXH to take him, but now I'm glad he stayed with me.
5. Dinner with friends tomorrow!!!
6. Birthday party Saturday for one of my favorite people. This night will end with dancing. I will wear a sequin skirt. It will be fabulous!
7. In the middle of a personal challenge, I have not had a cookie in over two weeks. And, shockingly, I have survived!
8. I love all of this light with the days still getting longer. I get to see some beautiful sunrises in the morning when I'm running. Inspiring!
9. I just got a new GPS watch on super sale, and it's great! My old GPS watch was terrible, and I'd been irritated by it for almost two years. Makes running so much better.
10. Soon I'm going to see Tony Bennett in concert with my parents. So excited!
So many things in the past few weeks!
1) Watched my eldest daughter walk across a stage to accept her college diploma cum laude. I had filed for divorce her freshman year. She survived and thrived! Proud Mom here!
2) Completed finals. I received my lowest grade but the class was designed for PH.D. students. The B may have messed with my 3.7 GPA but I have 2 semesters to bring it back up. Look at me...The GPA snob! Still I am proud and grateful that I can still step out of my comfort zone at my age.
3) I took the divorce attorney who took advantage of me in my most vulnerable moments in front of the Board of Arbitration. She ripped me off big time. Charged me to appeal a contempt charge against her! I WON!!!!
Some major 3 things here I guess. So happy for this thread. I was feeling a little sad about other issues but now I feel empowered. Thank you
1. The plants I put in last week are going nuts and look so beautiful. I just love the way my landscaping is coming along.
2. Last night teslet and I were out in the garden weeding and teslet got the thrill of seeing that the watermelon seeds he planted had sprouted.
3. The teacher that I share my classroom with and I have really gelled. We started moving the room around and making it make more sense. She has lots of elementary experience and elementary teachers are excellent classroom decorators!! Me...I have that secondary frame of mind and could not care less about decorating my room...but am just loving her ideas! Looking forward to having a neat teaching space and sharing a classroom with a person that is quickly becoming a good friend.
1. I went grocery shopping so my house is full of food.
2. Ran a 50K with a friend this weekend and we had the absolute best time ever.
3. My orchid, which I thought might be dead, is growing again!
1. A job that pays well and keeps me busy.
2. A BFF who is there for me no matter what.
3. 6 days until I get to hug my mom and dad in Germany.
1. First morning of summer break for this teacher and I'm enjoying some Bailey's with my coffee!
2. Was allowed a one minute phone call with Teslet last night (what is this, prison?) but he is happy and bubbly and one minute of that is plenty to get me through.
3. During the last teacher day yesterday, I wore my hair down...I always wear it up because it is long and thick...I got so many compliments on it which really helped lift my mood.
1) late start at work today for me (will help me with the working until 6pm thing )
2) Mornings in June are gorgeous
3) Made plans with a friend to run a 5K in a month--wrote down a training plan in a training journal. This is "me"?
1. I get to see Outkast perform in less than a week! And I'm in the pit! I can't stop trying to get the parrots to sing along with me, but they dance a little bit and then are party poopers :( I think they're just jealous!!!
2. Made a new friend last week and we're going to the movies together tomorrow. She's a documentary filmmaker and we're going to see a documentary together. Yay for new friends!
3. I figured out how to program my garage (the lady I bought the house from gave me the wrong code) so I no longer have to carry the opener with me when I'm on my bike. It was super easy - I should have tried it a year ago!
1. Sitting on the couch in Germany with my dad and watching the Germany : US game.
2. Looking forward to coming home to remodeled bathrooms in my rental house with no rent increase because my landlady is a wonderful woman!
3. Going to Dresden and Prague next week with me parents and DDs.
1. Last month, I thought I ruined one of my new favorite dresses by biking in it -- it was longer than I usually wear, so several inches got caught in the tires and chain. But, the dry cleaner was able to get out the stain!!!
2. I slightly injured my hip almost three years ago in a race when I was passing some slower runners who'd incorrectly placed themselves close to the start. I'd just been living with it, since my doctor (and WXH, who was just my H at the time I did it) told me that nothing could be done. But, I went to the PT today, and he fixed it and gave me exercises to strengthen. First time I've been completely pain-free since August 2011!!!
3. My coworker bought us all lunch today - yum!
1. The weather today was fantastic and I feel happy whenever I experience it.
2. I did well on a phone screen.
3. (this wasn't today, but it's still novel...) my throat doesn't hurt here, probably because of higher humidity than where I came from.
It has been awhile since I have posted...So here goes...
1.Fitted into some shorts that I had bought several years ago..Love to go shopping in my own closet...All some undies that have never fitted...
2.Had Birthday lunch early, with a Dear Friend who
is going to Fairbanks, Alaska for 3months..
3.She commented on how good I look with the weight I have lost and my tan this year...
4.Feeling good about what I have accomplished in the past several years...
5.Even have a small garden this year, if I can keep Bambi out of it...
6.Spending all the time I can in the pool this year too..It is so good on my joints and what a way to exercise....
1. Enjoyed my kids all day in the house and out for dinner
2. Made some progress on work deliverables fir my part time job, accomplishment feeling.
3. My two neighbors reached out to me today to say they were thinking of me, made me feel good, going to have to keep them in my friend circle, gonna miss them across the street.
1. Took a pix of my backyard today, great playground for my kids, swing set, slide, a little kiddy pool, I have a nice house, nice location and big south yard with fruit trees.
2. Three young cute children
3.healthy and young looking for my age -:)
1) Unconditional Relationship
2) All three of my young adult children are "finding their own."
3) Moving in with SO in three weeks
1. This thread has been going on for over 2 years!
2. Made a great new group of friends in the past few months. Integrated some of my current friends in as well. Do things a couple of times a week with them. They are so much fun!
3. No plans tonight, so I'm relaxing and reading my book for my first book club on Tuesday night.
I've been seeing a lot of gratitude posts on Facebook lately. Made me think of this thread, so I'm bringing it back to page 1.
1. Day three of school, and DD has been doing fantastic with the adjustment. So proud of how far she has come over the past year. Yay!
2. Found a new IC who is going to be helping me through the loss of my parents as well as some old crap (pre-marriage) that has recently resurfaced. Looking forward to working with her.
3. Booking my tickets today for a g2g later this fall. So. Dang. Excited.