SurvivingInfidelity.com® > New Beginnings
1) I feel really cared for in my relationship. It surprises me that Iím still getting used to that.
2) A little mixed feelings on this because I will miss them, but my sister and her husband got new jobs and will be moving along to bigger and better things.
3) Things are just going well. No major complaints, needs are being met, have some wiggle room for wants.
NIK, those are all great updates
I can't tell you how happy it makes me when someone else bumps this
1. Great day at work today -- I was super prepared for a meeting and saved my boss a couple of times. I have the best boss ever (the big boss is another story...) To celebrate, we are skipping out of work for a few hours for a "meeting" tomorrow but really going to the art museum :)
2. My lizard is peeling, and I love helping him take off his excess skin. It is so much fun! He is turning back into his gorgeous self and shedding his drab 2013 skin. Which will slowly turn drab, and then I get to do it again next year.
3. I did my first meetup -- a fantastic book club. I think a few of the ladies will become friends, and it's so much fun to talk about a book we've all read. Should help me to meet my goal of books read this year (I've been slacking a bit this summer because I've been going out instead of reading!)
1) I survived my wisdom teeth surgery today
2) I'm leaving for Paris in 5 weeks
3) I have a second date with a guy on Saturday that I really like a lot
I'm having one of those days where I just can't seem to keep my wits about me. On that note I'm grateful that:
1) my job isn't so important that I can mess up with little damage to the universe
2) there are only 3 more hours until the weekend
3) my big cozy bed and the latest season of the Good Wife await me at home
I'm on the same note as Crescita.
1. I have a well-paying job that many would envy and that allows me to have a great house and fun hobbies. (It's been stressful lately so I keep repeating this to myself...)
2. My parrots have been extra adorable lately. They frequently are, but I've been appreciating them instead of viewing them as flying irritants, so that helps. Also, I realized that one, the little guy, has been talking like crazy for the past several years but too garbled for me to understand. Now that I'm listening, I can hear him demanding kisses and telling me he loves me. So cute!
3. I am getting a massage and a pedicure paid for by my work tomorrow. Of course, I am working all weekend, but I am trying to be positive here!
This is a great thread.
1. I have made two new female friends.
2. I am getting to choose where I will be moving to and when.
3. I actually downloaded/uploaded pictures from my SD car to the computer. Big accomplishment for the not so computer savvy.
- My youngest started school and went in smiling
- I managed to save up some cash and paid my solicitor, so I'm still in the black
- The chocolate milkshake was reduced in the store & I'm drinking some right now
1. I really, really like school.
2. My son is talking about college, after long-term disinterest.
3. I have a dog and 2 cats on my bed with me, nowhere to go, and nothing I have to do today, except things I want to do.
phmh, I LOVE the story about your lizard! And since when do you even have a lizard?
Isn't his bright new skin just a perfect metaphor/inspiration for all of us? Soooo:
1) I'm in the middle of my best crop of tomatoes ever - red and yellow big guys, orange and red cherries.
2) Started a new class this semester that is stretching my brain, and it feels good.
3) I have been salsa dancing lately and can't even tell you all how much I love it.
Here's to shiny new lizard skins!
I'm in lots of pain with an injury today,but I'm still grateful for:
1. Friends who took my children to school and collected them when I couldn't get out of the house
2. Having got the shopping yesterday, so we've got enough in the house
3. The doctor on duty phoned my prescription through to the chemist and convinced them to deliver the tablets to my house! (not usual in the UK)....Which they did within 1/2 hour of her calling them. So amazing & lovely!
((((softcentre)))) Speedy healing mojo coming your way.
Oh PHMH how I love you and how I've missed the fantastic thread.
1) learned today that the first grant I've ever written was awarded!!
2) one of the first SI friends I made is blissfully just married and she has just moved near me.
3) the sun is setting over the mountain I live on and all seems well
1. I am heavily involved in planning my company's annual client event. It's at a super fancy place and most of our clients are multi-millionaires that are used to the best. Needless to say, this is super stressful and I'd been working 80 hour weeks for a few weeks. The conference was this past weekend, and was a smashing success!
2. At the conference, the last dinner is a super informal buffet as people return from their activities. Our guest speaker -- who is an incredibly intelligent and interesting person -- was sitting alone, so I went over to chat. We wound up talking for over 3 hours and I had one of the best discussions of my life. I told him he didn't have to stick around to talk, but he wanted to and we exchanged e-mail addresses as we both had some book recommendations for each other. This made me realize how much I missed living in a house with insightful, interesting, intellectually curious people -- since I left to go to college. (Why did I marry WXH again?)
3. Weather has just been perfect lately. Trying to enjoy this for as long as I can!
phmh, I LOVE the story about your lizard! And since when do you even have a lizard?
WXH bought two lizards from a pet store that was going out of business. In 2007. We were there to make sure they were still feeding the parrots (I'm quite involved in parrot rescue) and we overheard the clerk saying that if no one bought the lizards, they were going to release them outside (to their certain death.)
Without discussing it with me (I didn't want to support such a place), he bought the two remaining lizards (mali uromastyx). He just showed up at my work one day and we had to scramble to set up cages and do research on how to care for them. They were quite sick initially and the female never fully recovered -- dying 3 months before D-Day in 2011. The male is super healthy.
I wanted WXH to take him, but he refused, so I have him. He's super easy going and no trouble at all. But not really interactive or what anyone would consider a normal pet!
1. Ran a 50k this weekend just for fun; no watch so I wouldn't obsess, and wound up coming in 2nd place in my age group!
2. Huge compliment paid to me by a really senior guy in my office who is in line to be the top guy. He stopped me as I was walking in and said that he was thinking about me on his commute and what a great fit I am for the team (I am a newbie at 2.5 years experience), what a great job I did at the conference, how he sees great things for me ahead, etc. I had a terrible Fall 2014 at work so this was huge.
3. Succumbed to peer pressure and signed up for the 2015 Boston Marathon AND a friend offered to let me stay with her aunt so I can save $ while going. Last time I did it was with WXH, so will be nice to have my last memories of that race be with someone pleasant!
3 good things that happened to you today
1. Great workout - finally getting faster at running
2. EXSO asked if I remembered to buy hornet spray and I said no he brought some for me, last night rented a carpet shampooer and did rugs so that today I wouldn't be embarrassed when realtor came by as well as bought me a rosemary soy wax candle to help me study because he read it improves memory
3.My teens are healthy
1. Schoolwork is really challenging this semester but I know I can do it!
2. I'm getting used to being treated with respect and kindness.
3. I feel like it will only continue to get better. This truly is my new beginning!
1) I was notified yesterday that a grant I'd written was awarded!! Yippee - will fund workshops that are really beneficial to women in my area.
2) Had a tough 5 mile hike that left my legs trembling but my heart so happy!
3) Yesterday was the 3 yr anniversary of d- day and my primary emotion was gratitude. So much better than soul crushing sorrow and the projectile vomiting of the past
It's raining again, such a nice break from the heat.
Finally getting some more work done on my SO's condo. Goodbye nasty carpet! The downstairs flooring and trim is all finished;
And I've been refinishing the stairs;
Not the best pics, but I've redone the nose of the bottom step, about a 1 inch by 8 inch section with putty and paint, and just finished staining and coating. I still have to finish painting the risers white. Then maybe add some trim. I'd been delaying refinishing until my SO fixed the squeaks, but got tired of waiting and thought this might jump start him. Well, the paint is fixing the squeaks so thanks for nothing SO
[This message edited by Crescita at 11:03 AM, September 16th (Tuesday)]
1. I have a great group of students.
2. a student's mom sent in a homemade chocolate-strawberry cake for me...holy cow!!!! This thing was amazing!!
3. I was asked to co-present a topic at our district-wide in-service next month! Nervous but excited for the opportunity.
I love how so many great things are going on in our lives!
1. I have been feeling super unmotivated lately (work is sapping much of my energy) but actually went grocery shopping today so I have lots of food in the house.
2. Rec dept yoga starts tomorrow, which means I have three classes a week through the fall. Yoga always makes me feel so good but I tend to slack when I don't have classes to go to. This should help.
3. I canceled all of my plans for today since I need to recharge. I have the rest of the evening for a book, some painting, and a beer or two.