Topic: Top 5 on your bucket list?
Member # 36445
| Posted: 12:53 AM, July 7th (Sunday), 2013|
Now that we are in our NB, what are your plans, what are your must dos, bucket list type of things?
[This message edited by Bluebird26 at 6:34 AM, July 7th (Sunday)]
"Loving someone should not mean losing you. Love empowers you. It shouldn't erase you. - Thelma Davis.
Posts: 1285 | Registered: Aug 2012 | From: Australia
|Sad in AZ|
Member # 24239
| Posted: 6:54 AM, July 7th (Sunday), 2013|
I would like to start a rare breeds farm, raising heritage farm animals that are now becoming extinct.
Travel to new places that have interested me forever like Italy, Great Britain, Ireland, pretty much anywhere in the South Pacific; Sub-Saharan Africa...
Build and live in a small, comfortable house on a large piece of property that has a well set up area for my crafts--sewing & knitting.
(This is separate from my 'travel' choice because it is VITAL) Visit and explore Australia--as much as I can possible afford to see
Get laid again
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
Posts: 19812 | Registered: Jun 2009 | From: Upstate NY
Member # 19595
| Posted: 5:08 PM, July 7th (Sunday), 2013|
1. Travel, it doesn't matter where. I just like traveling especially if I can learn some history.
2. Have a summer house in the Rockies.I have a winter one in Texas so half way there.
3. Take my two older grandsons for a couple months and just play.
4. Take some lessons and learn to do something I always have wanted to do. Not going to say what it is but it's in near future plans.
5. Get to meet all my SI friends on my travels.
Get laid again
I'm afraid to put that on my list...might jinx my future prospects.
It's my life now, my choices, my mistakes to make and my victories to celebrate. His choices made me free of liars and betrayers in my life. I lost my family but gained a second chance to be happy.
Posts: 20323 | Registered: May 2008 | From: Half way to where I want to be.
Member # 32810
| Posted: 6:04 PM, July 7th (Sunday), 2013|
1. Get back overseas in a financially sustainable way.
2. Figure out what I want my masters in and do it!
3. Buy property in the US (probably a condo).
I think I'll have to wait a few years to figure the rest out.
"You yourself deserve your love and affection as much as anybody in the universe." -Buddha
"Let's face it, life is a crap shoot." -Sad in AZ
Posts: 13569 | Registered: Jul 2011
Member # 27457
| Posted: 8:45 PM, July 7th (Sunday), 2013|
1. Travel to Italy one day (maybe on a mediterranean cruise!)
2. Run the following marathons: New York, Las Vegas, Disney, Blue Ridge (planned for April 2014), and Marine Corps (signed up October 2013)
3. Fall in love for keeps! Maybe have another baby but with a good man this time (before I'm 40)!
4. Study, sit, and pass the CPA exam.
5. Get certified in Scuba Diving....and dive all over the freakin place! (I've already done amateur diving in Cozumel.....St. Thomas..and at the Great Barrier Reef, outside of Cairns, Australia!
[This message edited by She11ybeanz at 8:46 PM, July 7th (Sunday)]
"Sometimes your knight in shining armor ...is just a douchebag in tin foil!!"
ME - BW - 35
HIM - XWH - 39
D day: November 15th, 2009
Married: 5 Years, together 8
Divorced: December 13th, 2010
New Beginning: Piper/8-3-12
Posts: 2710 | Registered: Feb 2010 | From: Virginia
Member # 5372
| Posted: 9:06 PM, July 7th (Sunday), 2013|
I'm working on nursing school now, so finish it. duh. Dang, it's some work though.
When my kids are grown, i want to travel nurse for a few years and see the country, and eventually wind my way back before I have grand kids. I would like to have an RV for this or a tumbleweed home (google them~! They are really cool)
I have been getting involved in my church, and in a couple of years, i want to do a mission trip. We have started doing one helping with a summer program in the south bronx. Also, when I finish nursing school, I want to do this medical mission called Nurses For Africa. It is one of the main things that is pushing me along to complete my nursing school goal. I feel pushed to serve, and not to wax religious, but I feel like God is calling me to do this. (sorry, not a religious post, just what is motivating me)
I want to go to Europe. Just for fun.
Other than enjoy life, love my kids and watch them become successful human beings, remain healthy, love grand kids eventually grow old and find ways to serve God and the world, I'm good really. This is a really peaceful time for me. I feel like I'm moving in the right direction.
Filed for divorce 9/2006
We accept the love we think we deserve. "The Perks of Being a Wallflower."
Posts: 12326 | Registered: Sep 2004 | From: Margaritaville
Member # 33226
| Posted: 9:15 PM, July 7th (Sunday), 2013|
The top few...
1. See my kids launch successfully into their adulthoods.
2. Give my passport a major workout.
3. Buy and restore a bungalow/Craftsman home.
Those will do for now.
You can call me NIK
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
Posts: 24442 | Registered: Aug 2011
Member # 26152
| Posted: 12:16 AM, July 8th (Monday), 2013|
1. Go to Rome
2. Go to Jordan with my son and DIL when they visit DIL's family.
3. Do a stint with the Peace Corps.
4. Have a pool built in my back yard.
5. Learn wood working.
In no particular order
Me --> BS
Posts: 1500 | Registered: Nov 2009 | From: Kentucky
Member # 23890
| Posted: 9:14 AM, July 8th (Monday), 2013|
1. Travel: lots of destinations, but The Isle of Skye has hit my bucket list in a big way, the Grand Canyon and parts West (working on it)
2. See my daughter finish editing and publish her fantasy novel.
3. Expand my bucket list...
"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." Joseph Campbell...So, If fear was not a factor - what would you do?
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2009 | From: New England
Member # 37463
| Posted: 11:53 AM, July 8th (Monday), 2013|
1. Spend a semester with each kid abroad.
2. Get financially stable, and buy a fishing camp.
3. Meet my grand children
4. Experience what it would be like to have a true partner in life.
5. Oh...someday have sex again
Me: BH 40
Her: WW 35
DDay #1: 9/28/2012
DDay #2: 1/03/2013
2.5 yr LTA EA/PA
Dday #3 6/19/2013 OM #2
She moved out on 7/2/2013
Posts: 94 | Registered: Nov 2012 | From: The best Virginia
Member # 32616
| Posted: 1:04 PM, July 8th (Monday), 2013|
a tumbleweed home (google them~! They are really cool)
I want to travel, have kids, join the Peace Corp, or find some other way to make a meaningful impact, set up some roots but still be mobile. Apparently I need a tumbleweed home!
Posts: 3273 | Registered: Jun 2011 | From: The Valley of the Sun
Member # 34373
| Posted: 3:23 PM, July 9th (Tuesday), 2013|
1. Buy a new and much needed car.
2. Buy land and have a home put on it.
3. Go to Ireland
4. Learn to play guitar
5. Record some of my songs for me.
Me: 45 BS Divorced
Him: 45 Married OW
5 kids: IrishLass 27,IrishLad 25, IrishLass 22, IrishLad 21 and IrishLad 12
"You can't run from trouble..there ain't no place that far"
Posts: 1677 | Registered: Jan 2012 | From: WA
Member # 20849
| Posted: 6:53 PM, July 9th (Tuesday), 2013|
Finish my MS in Social Work and perhaps get into the political world to make some changes
and not to wax religious, but I feel like God is calling me to do this.. Yeah, this is my higher calling also.
Make enough money to spoil my grandkids.
Learn to play drums (still! I haven't had time to play with them and they are in pieces in the basement )
Travel (especially to Japan to visit my dd and her husband and part of this is learning to speak enough Japanese to converse with her in-laws.)
Surgery. I have about 3 or 4 things I would like done.
Original WS D-Day July 10, 2008. Kept lying, he is gone.
New WS (2 EA's, no PA) 12-3-13
If you don't like where you are, then change it. You are not a tree.
Posts: 15115 | Registered: Aug 2008 | From: Ohio
Member # 39169
| Posted: 7:47 PM, July 9th (Tuesday), 2013|
Finish a marathon in under 5 hours (4.5 or less really) and own a car that isn't sensible. That'll do for now
40 somethings - me BW after 20 years
D Day April 2013
Divorced November 2013
Be happy with what you have while you work for what you want - Hellen Keller
Posts: 617 | Registered: May 2013
Member # 32948
| Posted: 9:56 PM, July 9th (Tuesday), 2013|
Go to Massage Therapy school(October 2013)
Get a job as a Massage Therapist and get experience
Visit London, Wales, Paris and Spain
Move to Hawaii
Date again someday
Enjoy my life my way!!
DDay 10/16/2010 DDay2 5/22/2011
I will get stronger and better but no matter where he goes, there he is....
Posts: 1202 | Registered: Jul 2011 | From: Texas
|Topic Posts: 15|