Here are 20 lies divorced people tell themselves, (and my response, of course). These are my personal responses
1. I couldn't care less what happens to my ex.
I do care what happens to him as it will always effect our children. I am not responsible for what happens to him though
2. I hate when I'm not with my kids.
I don't hate it, I miss my son very much but I get uninterrupted me time to read, watch movies, chat with friends and I get to make spaghetti, which I love and IrishLad hates
3. I don't want to meet anyone and I'm never getting married again.
I don't want to meet someone right now, I have too many things that I am working on for me and I don't want to leave them undone. I don't believe I will marry again. There is too much risk in tying my financial and credit to another.
4. I know my ex will regret this someday.
I don't know if he will or not, it isn't up to me.
5. When I was married, I was really happy or When I was married, I was really miserable.
I was both from time to time. That didn't make it a bad marriage or him a bad husband or me a bad wife. It made it real.
6. Everyone knows the divorce was his/her fault.
Cheating was his fault the divorce became inevitable over the course of time. I could have stayed married and let him cake eat, I chose not to do that.
7. My attorney really hates my ex.
I never had an attorney so this doesn't apply
8. Even if I could find a way, I'd never be interested in checking out my ex's profile on dating sites or on facebook.
I have peeked in the past but I prefer no new hurts. I have been close enough to that fire enough times. I don't like getting burned.
9. I hate dating.
I really do hate dating, so much!!
10. The thought of having sex with my ex is repulsive.
Weird answer to this one. Thought of having sex with him now, YUCK! He is married and I would never want to be in that drama again.
Thought of having sex with him in the past, I have very fond memories of us and him and I am glad for the time we had then.
11. The thought of having sex with another man/woman is repulsive.
Another weird answer, it isn't repulsive but all I knew for so long was xWH so it is foreign. I have been attracted to other men, not enough to act on it though.
12. My kids are going to grow up and realize what my ex did to me.
They already know and I am grateful that they all still love their father. Their relationships are strained and they have lost respect for him and probably me over all of this but relationships change and heal. I am only responsible for my relationships with the kids.
13. I know how to stay away from dysfunctional relationships.
No I don't.
14. My life is really messed up, thanks to my ex.
No my life is pretty good despite my xWH.
15. I love my new life.
I like my new life a lot and I have a ton happening to the good. I have some on the bad side too, that is just life and I choose how to view it.
16. If I could just meet someone, I know my life would fall into place.
Nope, only I can make MY life right.
17. My ex's girlfriend is hideous looking.
Seriously, she is not pretty, adorable or any of that. Not being petty it is the truth. Many people I have known think she looks very similar to the wicked witch of the west minus the green pallor.
18. My ex is really jealous of the guy I'm dating.
Not dating anyone and who cares what my xWH would think.
19. My wedding day was the best day of my life.
No it wasn't the wedding either one of us wanted.
20. I don't care what other people think about me getting divorced.
So many people are divorced that it really doesn't give me a bad rep or anything. I think it actually gives people a good shared experience. You can meet a lot of new friends who are divorced too.