Cheating Hurt by Infidelity
Betrayal Wayward Donations lying



Find a Local Counselor

The Healing Library


Contact Us
In Association with
Infidelity -
like us on facebook
You are not logged in. Login here or register.
Newest Member: JRconfused (45363)

Off Topic Post Reply     Print Topic    
User Topic: Who Pays for flooding?
♀ Member
Member # 26370
Default  Posted: 9:47 AM, October 8th (Tuesday), 2013View ProfileEdit MessagePrivate MessageHomepage

I live in an apartment unit and have a question.
An apartment two floors up recently flooded ( they hung something on the fire sprinkler and it triggered the water).

The flood impacted the common hallways and at least 19 units.

Does my renters insurance pay or theirs. What if they don't have rental insurance.


Who pays for all of the damage.

BS- Me -young at heart
FWH- AARP Eligible
M - Over a quarter of a century
DDay - 9-14-09
R - going full steam ahead

Posts: 321 | Registered: Nov 2009 | From: West Coast
♀ Member
Member # 25001
Default  Posted: 9:53 AM, October 8th (Tuesday), 2013View ProfileEdit MessagePrivate MessageHomepage

I believe it would be there renters insurance. However, if they don't have it that could be a problem. Call your renter's insurance company (if you haven't already) and see what they say. Also, the management company of your apartment complex may be able to assist in some way.

Good Luck.

PS. Who the hell hangs things off the sprinkler head?

Me - BS, 39 (I'm not old...I'm vintage)
Two Wonderful children - DS10, DD7
Married, for now... (4+ D-Day - listed in profile.)

Posts: 5854 | Registered: Jul 2009 | From: In the darkest depths of hell!
♀ Member
Member # 36883
Default  Posted: 10:54 AM, October 8th (Tuesday), 2013View ProfileEdit MessagePrivate MessageHomepage

Renter's insurance is a 'Drywall to Drywall' type of coverage. So it will replace your personal belongings, but will not repair walls, doors, lighing fixtures, ect that are part of the actual structure.

The Apartment building's insurance will cover all the damage to the common areas, and any inside structure damage to the apartment's.

However, it is not like a homeowner's policy. You can not 'sue' the person's insurance to get money to pay for repairs.

I would also imagine that the person who did that will be sued by the apartment building and will have to pay back a bunch of money.

Me: 31 MH
Him: 37 MH
New online find 6/19/14 - shit

Posts: 1767 | Registered: Sep 2012
Topic Posts: 3

Return to Forum: Off Topic Post Reply to this Topic
Go to :
© 2002 - 2014 All Rights Reserved.