What helped me with this was realizing it was not an ever-and-ever decision.
I did get to retain the house during the D (along with the mortgage). Like others, I would not be able to afford to rent the size I need for what I pay in mortgage. So financially, it made sense.
It is a lot of work and it is more house than I can handle. I look at it as this is what makes sense while my kiddos are still home (17 and 12). As life progresses, I will re-assess my plan. If both children leave home (I hear rumors that some actually do ), then I will look at selling getting something smaller.
For now, this is what I need to do. I might swear and cry during some of the repairs and maintenance, but it makes the most sense to live here for now.
As long as I keep remembering it is for the short-term, it is not so overwhelming.