Topic: 2014 what will it bring you?
Member # 26912
| Posted: 1:55 PM, November 25th (Monday), 2013|
1) Lose this dam 10 pounds that just wont go away no matter how much I diet and exercise.
2) I hope to move closer to being a secure trusting wife who doesnt always second guess a great man who deep down I know loves me and I can trust... I need to work on me and I know it ...
3) Stop nibbling my nails and let them grow for once..
4) Get through pre menopause!!!!
5) Keep working out regularly and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
[This message edited by Dawnie at 1:55 PM, November 25th (Monday)]
DIVORCED! Remarried to a real man!
BW (me) - 41 (now 46)
WH (him) - 43 (now 48)
OW - 23 yr old foreign gold digging whore looking for her American meal ticket
1 14 yr old son (now 19)
married 20 years/together 25 years
D day - 9/23/2009 5pm
Posts: 802 | Registered: Dec 2009 | From: Mid Atlantic coast
Member # 24719
| Posted: 4:21 PM, November 25th (Monday), 2013|
I turn 40 in a week 1/2. I had plans... But now they seem silly.
Me- 40- BS Him- 36- WH D-day#1 5/25/09 3 mo. EA d-day#2 11/06/13 Prostitute 11/5/13 in R
"I've seen your flag on the marble arch, our love is not a victory march, it's a cold and broken hallelujah."- Leonard Cohen
Posts: 2256 | Registered: Jul 2009 | From: Midwest
Member # 12050
| Posted: 6:56 PM, November 25th (Monday), 2013|
I love all the travel and education plans. You guys are awesome.
I am doing a short 3 days course to give me a minor speciality in my field...cross connection control for plumbing.
SO and I are building a house in the country that will include a large shop for him which we are both looking forward to.
My brother is coming out to visit me....yippee!!
We started working out about 3 weeks ago and would like to continue that.
Posts: 2675 | Registered: Sep 2006 | From: newfoundland
Member # 34957
| Posted: 12:57 PM, November 27th (Wednesday), 2013|
1. Be healthy! 2013 sent me to the hospital for more surguries than I care to ever experience again. I'm healthy now and plan on staying that way.
2. Make something new once a week. I own a craft shop but since this year was full of ups and downs I didn't have a whole lot of time to make new stuff. This year, that's changing.
3. Start dating God. I haven't been to church in a while nor have I picked up my Bible since Spring. I've spent some time dating, and it's been fun, but I think spending more time in my faith will serve me better.
Happy days are here again:)
Posts: 158 | Registered: Feb 2012
Member # 31468
| Posted: 11:37 PM, November 28th (Thursday), 2013|
Actually developing some real goals would be a good start...lol. I feel like I'm just on auto-pilot all of the time, just doing what I have to do to get through life. I'm not unhappy - three years out from Dday, I'm feeling pretty good overall - but still have some work to do.
This is an inspiring post.
Together 9 yrs
Status: Divorced 4/27/11
Above all, be the heroine, not the victim. - Nora Ephron
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
- J. K. Rowling
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Mar 2011 | From: Texas
Member # 26367
| Posted: 2:22 PM, November 29th (Friday), 2013|
I'd like to launch my esty artisan soap shop
I'd REALLY like to move south instead of just talking about it every winter...
To that end, my goal is to take more vacation time and actually travel to a few places I might ultimately like to move to, check them out.
Continue a new "same time next year" get-together tradition with my best high school buds. We started in late April of this year, and I'm hoping the tradition goes on for a long, long time
Me: BW (55)
Him: WH (62)
7/14/11 - Divorced
Posts: 1835 | Registered: Nov 2009 | From: another world
Member # 38705
| Posted: 10:12 PM, November 29th (Friday), 2013|
1) to be happy (my forever goal - seems I cannot seem to capture it long term.)
2) to be healthy (exercise, lower my bp)
3) and to try to find some financial stability since the last two years I have been laid off 3 months a piece...
Sometimes it's lonely, Sometimes it's only me & the shadows that fill this room...
But it's a great day to be alive & the sun still shines when I close my eyes ~Travis Tritt
Posts: 78 | Registered: Mar 2013 | From: Washington
Member # 18442
| Posted: 10:34 PM, November 29th (Friday), 2013|
thanks for such a great idea!! you guys have some awesome ideas and really goal worthy!!
mine was 1. to be fit- I lost 20lbs of weight (not needed to be so much cause im quite small) so I have to put a few lbs back on and become more toned.
2. travel and see a new place
3. have a baby alone (by medical means)
4. redo my bedroom (in progress)
5. find a hobby or take a class at school
6. kiss a man
6/07 EX had several Emotional/sexual A
FALSE Reconciles. cheats again. D 5/09
2013- 10 month marriage &D to friend. he was a lyin, freeloadn biploar mess.
NOW? Living my life and loving it.
Posts: 691 | Registered: Mar 2008
Member # 8923
| Posted: 12:07 PM, November 30th (Saturday), 2013|
Probably going to move back into the house I own back in the country with SO. It will make it MUCH more affordable for us to follow our dreams, including our decision to rent a place in CO for most of the summer!
Keep losing weight and going to the gym together. If I can lose enough, I can get these darn knees replaced and eventually get rid of the near excruciating pain that I try to grin and bear currently.
In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer..Albert Camus
***Used to be hit-by-a-train***
Posts: 2290 | Registered: Nov 2005 | From: USA
Member # 30217
| Posted: 1:06 AM, December 1st (Sunday), 2013|
Good post....and I've been thinking about what the new year may (or may not) hold for me.
I just want a chance to regroup and replenish my soul. This year was the year from hell in my life. I really need a chance to get myself centered again.
1) I need a few chances to get away with my Bear and actually have some fun.
2) I want to have at least a few months with no health crises with my mom. My dad died in July after a hard battle with cancer and I'm still reeling from that. Mom moved in with me in August. She has multiple health issues, and dementia to boot.
3) I want to just *breathe* without the weight of the world on my shoulders for a little while.
4) I want to check off at least one of the things on my bucket list. New Orleans? Havasupi Canyon? Rocky Mountain National Park (with the Stanley Hotel)? A week long motorcycle trip? ANYTHING!
Sometimes the hardest part of finally seeing through someone is accepting what you see...
God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to
change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me.
Posts: 3168 | Registered: Nov 2010 | From: Colorado
Member # 36445
| Posted: 6:13 AM, December 1st (Sunday), 2013|
I want to just *breathe* without the weight of the world on my shoulders for a little while
That is a good one exhausted lady.
I feel exactly the same way.
"Loving someone should not mean losing you. Love empowers you. It shouldn't erase you. - Thelma Davis.
Posts: 1331 | Registered: Aug 2012 | From: Australia
Member # 34146
| Posted: 8:56 PM, December 15th (Sunday), 2013|
Bumping up, for new people to take part and for those of us who have already written down 2014 items to remember about them :)
Me: BW, divorced, now fabulous and happy!
Married: 11 years, no kids
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark. -Michelangelo
Posts: 3351 | Registered: Dec 2011
|Topic Posts: 32|