SurvivingInfidelity.com® > Fun & Games
Texas State Fair G2G - 10/17-10/19!! (Pics starting Page 14)
I like the bus idea.
So pack long johns and a wind breaker.
We'll have our car so we won't need the bus and we'd be happy to have a couple people car pool with us to the fair
I'm so excited! Can't wait to meet you all!
We are in for the bus.
We will have a car there, but if anyone remembers FWH's "Texas car" from the last g2g you will understand why I prefer the bus....lol
if anyone remembers FWH's "Texas car" from the last g2g you will understand why I prefer the bus....lol
I wanted to throw out a tentative itinerary for the weekend. Please feel free to throw out any suggestions. But here is what it is looking like so far.
Friday October 17th: Meet and greet at our place. Great food, yummy treats, drinks, and good company! I will PM address and directions when we get closer to the date and I know for sure who is coming. We will have the Halloween decorations up so it will be very festive here!
Saturday October 18th: State Fair! We have decided against the party bus but we are still looking into alternative ways to get us there. Hoping for the least amount of vehicles, etc. as parking and traffic are a bit of a nightmare. We figure we can stay as long as people like and then head back to the hotel for a little rest and freshening up. The hotel then has a shuttle that will take you to the nearby town center. Plenty of shopping and bars and grills. We have already staked out a great little pizza place that has an open rooftop and has live music. We can hop around to other places as well. Whatever ya'll want to do. It's a nice little area.
Sunday October 19th: There is an awesome brunch at the same town center that we can all get together for before people start heading out if flights permit.
That's what I have so far! Any suggestions are welcome. Just wanted to put it together in one post, lol.
It all sounds great!! We're really looking forward to it!!!
The Killdares - a Celtic Rock band (!) from Dallas
(& yes, kilts gurlz ) will be playing Saturday on one stage,
and Collective Soul
Plus, I have no idea why, or how it came to be a "thing", but
can you say
more fried food than I eat in a year?
Vacation days requested, and approved, for both SO and me. Looks like we'll be driving up on Friday morning. Hurry up October and get here!
I have hit a snag - Not looking good at this point.
I have hit a snag - Not looking good at this point.
Bumping for the menz!
Here’s a little more information about this year’s roster of fried foods, as sent by the State Fair of Texas
• Chicken-fried loaded baked potato: “The creamy and moist insides of a baked potato, loaded with generous amounts of butter, bacon, and cheddar cheese, are coated and battered with a delectable blend of spices and flour that create a perfect combination of fried crispy crust and delicious, creamy loaded baked potato. Served with a ranch dipping sauce.”
• Deep-fried breakfast for dinner: “This is a 10″ flour tortilla stuffed with eight favorite breakfast items — scrambled eggs, breakfast sausage, bacon, potatoes, ham, onion, cheddar cheese and gooey cinnamon roll bits — that are deep fried until golden brown and served with a creamy country gravy, salsa and a pico-queso dip.”
• Deep-fried Texas bluebonnet: “A blueberry muffin, scone-style batter that is stuffed with cream cheese, blueberries and sweet morsels of white chocolate. It is baked and deep fried to a perfect golden brown. This mountain of flavor is topped off with whipped cream, chopped white chocolate morsels, powdered sugar, blueberries, and a delicious blueberry glaze.”
• Fried Gulf shrimp boil: “Everything you would expect in a shrimp boil rolled into a ball, dusted with fish fry, and fried to a golden brown! Baby gulf shrimp, diced red potatoes, onion, lemon, and seasoning are formed around a cocktail shrimp, dusted and fried with the tail sticking out for a handle. Served with a remoulade sauce.”
• Fried Sriracha balls: “A lip-smacking combination of shredded chicken, corn, green chilies, tomatoes, and Sriracha hot sauce, formed into balls and coated with crispy tortilla chips. It is then flash-fried until golden brown. For those who like their food higher on the Scoville Scale, extra Sriracha Sauce is available.”
• Fried Sweet Texas: “Traveling across Texas to try the best and most popular desserts gave inspiration for this fried treat. Fried Sweet Texas starts with fresh pie dough filled with crunchy pecan pie, juicy peach cobbler and creamy buttermilk pie. It is then deep fried until the crust is golden brown and flaky, and then served up with a side of Texas’ own Blue Bell Vanilla Ice Cream. A real tribute to Texans and their amazing sweet treats!”
• Original State Fair Brew – Funnel Cake Ale: “A light and delicious ale brewed to be reminiscent of one of the telltale flavors of the State Fair – FUNNEL CAKE! This refreshing English style summer ale has been brewed to be ready and crisp, with just the right amount of toastiness and sweetness, finishing with delicate notes of natural vanilla; all great flavors you find in a perfectly executed funnel cake. For those whose taste buds call for a sweeter finish, take advantage of the option to have the rim of your cup coated with powdered sugar. Must be 21 years of age.”
• Twisted Texas taco: “What do you get when you combine the four major food groups of Texas? Chicken Fried, Barbecue, Tex-Mex, and Chili – Twisted Texas Tacos! This taco starts off with tender, juicy hickory smoked Texas beef brisket, double-dipped in a barbecue spiced buttermilk batter and deep fried until it is robust and beefy. It is served in a warm flour tortilla, generously layered with a Mexican cheese blend, crispy fried okra, and a sweet and crunchy tri-color slaw, accented with zesty poblano and sweet pepper corn. Served with a creamy country gravy, spicy Texas Chili and a miniature salute from the Lone Star flag.”
but, but, but, must have deep fried cheesecake again...
Deep-fried Texas bluebonnet...I'll take 10 of those
All I know is that Sriracha dude is going to be bitter.
I really would like to attend the meet n greet. But I don't think I will make the Fair.
10 years, you are more than welcome to come to any part of the weekend festivities. We will be doing other things throughout the weekend (mostly involving food and drink) so please don't hesitate to join us!
Deep fried oreo cookies! Yummy. And there is nothing better than a corny dog at the Tx State Fair.
I will have my own car.
Well I love to eat and drink so count me in.