I've used this base on a number of occassions, then you can add whatever extras you like:
•4 cups rolled oats
•2 2/3 cup nuts / seeds
•1 cup shredded sweet coconut (optional – sub with additional fruit/nuts if desired)
•2 tsp cinnamon
•1/2 cup brown sugar
•1/2 cup maple syrup, honey, or pancake syrup
•1 1/2 tsp vanilla
•1/3 cup oil (or melted butter)
•1 tsp salt
•2 cups raisins (or other dried fruit combo)
•1 tsp almond extract (optional)
•2 Tbsp water
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut, and brown sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup/honey, extract, vanilla, cinnamon, oil, water, and salt.
4. Combine both mixtures, then squeeze the granola together with your hands, then pour onto 2 sheet pans.
5. Cook for between 40 minutes to 1 hour, 15 minutes (depending on your pan and preferred consistency), stirring every 15 minutes to achieve an even color.
6. Remove from oven and transfer into a large bowl. Add raisins (and/or chocolate chips/M&Ms) and mix until evenly distributed.
To make it chunkier: While still warm, press the granola into a foil/wax paper lined pan. Allow granola to cool completely, peel foil off, then break into pieces.
To make bars: While still warm, press the granola into a foil/wax paper lined pan. Slice into bars, then allow granola to cool completely, peel foil off.
Other ingredient substitutions/options :
Me - 41
Dried banana chips
Semi-sweet choc chips
1/2 cup Peanut butter
My Rockstar (Hubs #2) - 46, faithful, & an absolute doll!
DD(20) and DS(18, PDD-NOS)
6 Furkids (4 Dogs and 2 Cats)
WXH (serial cheater, 12+ OW. Undiagnosed SA?)
Note: I edit often for typos/clarity.