I quit smoking 25 days ago and still going strong.
This is my 15th time quiting (I lost track at 8). For some reason this time is a lot easier.
Things I wish I did the first time:
1.I wrote out my quit date. Im using the patch so i wrote out my patch schedule and when I go down a
step. The day I am done with the patch is a day Im celebrating with a party.
2. I went to the gas station and asked how much 1 pack( your preferred brand) was with tax.
3. I made a piggy Bank labelled it Im not smoking Bank. At the end of the week I put my amount that I would spend on smokes in it. So far my Bank has 175 in it (wowzer)
4. If you slip and smoke dont buy a pack cause then you will want to smoke the whole pack. Some times life just sucks n you really needed a smoke to calm down
5. Have a no buying pack rule and stick to it. See #4
6. Those of you scared of gaining weight dont be just watch What you eat and have lots of veggies and fruits around. (I gained 6 pounds in 2 weeks) this week I weighted myself and lost 4 pounds. Think you extra protein and fiber and morning fruit smoothies.
7. With your piggy Bank money use it to buy something.you really want as a reward. Keep saving for as Long as you like.im saving mine for a flat screen, or s Cruise that I can take son on. I had to have a reason. I really want a huge tv But cant afford it and I really want to take son on a vaca But cant afford it.
8. If you start smoking again use your piggy Bank money. It will make you see how much you actually waste. Then hopefully shock you cause What you really wanted and were saving for is no more
9. Good luck
Posts: 131 | Registered: Jun 2013
willow60 Member Member # 17243
Posted: 9:26 PM, October 3rd (Thursday)
Awesome!! Congrats. on quitting.
Just keep thinking of that large flat screen tv or the vaca. with your son.
Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead....Adele
Posts: 960 | Registered: Dec 2007 | From: Upstate NY
jo2love Moderator Member # 31528
Posted: 7:59 AM, October 4th (Friday)
Great job!!!! Congrats!
Posts: 35933 | Registered: Mar 2011
little turtle Member Member # 15584
Posted: 12:13 PM, October 4th (Friday)
That's great!! Keep it up! Failure is success if we learn from it.
Posts: 4209 | Registered: Aug 2007 | From: michigan
tushnurse Member Member # 21101
Posted: 12:18 PM, October 4th (Friday)
Keep up the good work.
I have a close friend who is ahead of you by a month, and she is amazed at how much money is in her pig already.
Kids: 15 & 17
Married for 22 years now, was 16 at the time. .
D-Day Sept 26 2008
Fully R'd, and Happy Happy Happy
Posts: 8722 | Registered: Oct 2008 | From: St. Louis