I need to vent.
I took in a roommate (friend of mine or so I thought) with her two teenage daughters last year when xh moved out.
- she has given me a bounced rent check and never paid me for the 30$ fee it incurred on my account
- has been late on utilities every month
- has helped herself to food that I bought
- has had her 'boyfriend' over and made out on my couch
- has trashed her room (and I mean, I could call in the "Hoarder Show" kind of trashing)
and on top of that, after hooking up with her latest boyfriend has been leaving her two teenage daughters, ages 15 and 17 home alone for nights in a row for months now. The girls work their own way home after school, are scooped up in their filthy rooms and eat dinners from cans every night just for their mother to show up at 6.00 a.m. in the morning to take them to school.
I have given her notice but I am livid. I only get to see my children 50% of the time because I have shared custody and this woman lets her children live in filth and neglects them. And the 'wonderful' state of California does not think this is child neglect.