User Topic: suggestions about MC
the past is gone
Member # 28813
Default  Posted: 10:36 PM, January 21st (Tuesday)

I was wondering if anyone has recommendations about what type of MC to go to. I'm not sure if we should go to someone who will "counsel" us in the traditional counseling manner or a counselor who uses a program for couples like IMAGO. Has anyone had this type of counseling? What should I expect in MC? Is it like IC? ugh.... I've been in IC for years... but a little nervous about MC.

Me: BS 52
Him: WS 52
M- 27 yrs.
2 adult kids
d-day#1 2-12-10 d-day #2 1-13-14

Posts: 105 | Registered: Jun 2010
Deeply Scared
Member # 2
Default  Posted: 6:58 AM, January 22nd (Wednesday)

I feel it's important to find a counselor that specializes in dealing with infidelity. They need to know the dynamics behind all the heavy emotions that you both are carrying.

This article may help

I know our therapist spent the first couple of sessions getting to know us and our marriage prior to getting into all the infidelity issues. She wanted to know *us* and our marriage to help better understand and to give us the proper tools and exercises

"Don't give up, the beginning is always the hardest." My Mom:)

My tolerance for stupid shit is getting less and less.

Posts: 198308 | Registered: May 2002
Topic Posts: 2