Off Topic
User Topic: Lower back pain
Member # 33698
Default  Posted: 5:48 PM, March 10th (Monday)

Does anyone have any tried and true stretching or exercises for lower back pain? I started dealing with pelvic floor issues back in 2010 and went to PT for it, which really helped.

Now, the chronic pain is back (annoying but not impeding my ability to work, care for myself/kids), and it feels like a pulled muscle that is throwing other muscles/joints out of alignment. Sometimes my hips and buttocks hurt. I'm wondering if I should go back to PT, but if anyone knows of any books or online routines that have helped, I'd love to know about them.

BS (Me) 39
Happily liberated!
Two DS and One DD
It matters not how strait the gate,/How charged with punishments the scroll./I am the master of my fate:/I am the captain of my soul.--"Invictus," William Ernest Henley

Posts: 3635 | Registered: Oct 2011
Member # 13333
Default  Posted: 8:03 PM, March 10th (Monday)

A chiro has helped me tremendously. Might be worth a try? I also do the knee to chest stretches before I get out of bed which seems to help.

My issues are related to disc/sciatica issues though. Hope you get some relief. Back pain is miserable.

Love isn't what you say, it's what you do.

Posts: 6630 | Registered: Jan 2007 | From: WNY
Member # 31528
Default  Posted: 8:32 PM, March 10th (Monday)


I'm sorry, but I don't have any suggestions. I hope you feel better.

Posts: 36413 | Registered: Mar 2011
Member # 20563
Default  Posted: 11:11 PM, March 10th (Monday)

Chiropractor helped me with a similar keeps the muscles stretched.

Me- BS
Him- FWS (I hope- F)

Posts: 6661 | Registered: Aug 2008 | From: Not Oz
Member # 26928
Default  Posted: 11:17 PM, March 10th (Monday)

I second yoga as well.

Me - 42
SorryInSac (STBX WH#2) - 47. DDay 7/12/14
Married 4, together 7yrs total
Status - Stick a fork in me...

DD(21), DS(18, PDD-NOS)
6 Furkids - 4 dogs, 2 cats

WXH (serial cheater, 12+ OW) - Legally married 18yrs

I edit often for cl

Posts: 6678 | Registered: Dec 2009 | From: California
Member # 34262
Default  Posted: 11:36 PM, March 10th (Monday)

Try yoga first. Then consider massage or a Chiropracter. Last choice is an MD like me who will give you aleve and send you back to PT.

Me: BS 45
Her: fWS 48 (same sex partner)
Together: 18 years now (both MDs)
OW: meh so what 40s PhD
DD1: 10/30/11EA; DD2: 11/10/11 Had ONS; TT until 12/26/11; broke NC 6/12; NC again 7/12; R-ish

Posts: 2294 | Registered: Dec 2011 | From: Great Southwest
Member # 32810
Default  Posted: 6:32 AM, March 11th (Tuesday)

Please make sure you have a GOOD yoga instructor. If you're not trained properly in doing yoga, it's very hard to get a lot of the positions correct, and if you do a lot of them wrong, you can hurt yourself, especially if you already have an injury you're trying to stretch out.

"You yourself deserve your love and affection as much as anybody in the universe." -Buddha
"Let's face it, life is a crap shoot." -Sad in AZ

Posts: 13855 | Registered: Jul 2011
Member # 21101
Default  Posted: 8:05 AM, March 11th (Tuesday)

I would actually recommend a good chiro first. If things are out of alignment, doing the wrong exercises, or doing exercises wrong will only make matters worse.

A quality chiro will include massage, and give you core strengthening exercises to help you get stronger so this does not become an ongoing issue. If left alone you can end up with SI joint issues which can be a real bear to correct, and can be excruciatingly painful.

Him: FWS
Kids: 15 & 17
Married for 22 years now, was 16 at the time. .
D-Day Sept 26 2008
Fully R'd, and Happy Happy Happy

Posts: 8786 | Registered: Oct 2008 | From: St. Louis
Topic Posts: 8