Return to Forum List

Return to Divorce/Separation® > Divorce/Separation

You are not logged in. Login here or register.


3greatkids posted 5/15/2019 22:27 PM

How do you handle when they don’t want the kids on their visitation schedule? He either only wants one of the 3 or expects me to juggle and change weekends to accommodate his “busy” schedule sleeping with his boss..,

Adaira posted 5/15/2019 23:25 PM

“No” is a complete sentence.

nomudnolotus posted 5/15/2019 23:26 PM

Stick to the agreement. If the agreement says he takes all three you say "please stick to our custody agreement, you can have three or none"

If he wants to change weekends you say, "stick to the agreement, this is your allotted weekend, I will not be switching.

Document every single time he doesn't take the kids, with no emotion, keep a written calender.

"xhole did not take kids today"

Don't add anything, no emotions, no arguing, just simple.

Furious1 posted 5/16/2019 06:28 AM

Keep a record of all communication between the two of you. Use an app such as Family Wizard (or whatever those communication/scheduling apps for divorced parents are). Keep all communication with him in written form so that there is a record for the courts if/when he tries to accuse you of not kissing his butt.


shakentocore posted 5/16/2019 15:05 PM

I definitely do not think it is in the best interest of the kids that he has only 1 of hurt the others would feel. And the “chosen one” may face backlash by the others, or be manipulated to “keep their spot” on the top of the pyramid.

As for switching....”We will stick to the agreement.” He can arrange business trips, vacations, boys night out around his family schedule.

It is not your job to jump through hoops and juggle your schedule to accommodate his demands. If he can’t meet you at pickup time, he forfeits. Keep records - If the final Schedule has not been signed, make sure it reflects the REAL time he has the kids, not the plan that he misses 1/2 the dates.

Catwoman posted 5/16/2019 19:25 PM

If you do not have a formal visitation/custody schedule, then all of this advice here is pretty much moot. You (or he) cannot force someone to adhere to something when there is no "something." And I hope by now you know that a handshake agreement with him is worthless.

You need to file for divorce, file for a TRO and ask for a hearing to determine sole occupancy of the marital domicile, temporary support and visitation. Otherwise, you do not have the power of the law behind you to help you with any of this.


Return to Forum List

Return to Divorce/Separation

© 2002-2019 ®. All Rights Reserved.     Privacy Policy