Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: whatdoievendo

Wayward Side :
Dday Anniversary #2

default

 KarmaCat (original poster new member #85700) posted at 8:16 PM on Tuesday, October 6th, 2026

Posting just for anyone who is a recent WS or recently started R with their BS.

Sunday was the second "anniversary" of D-Day. It came and went just like last year, as a normal day.

I asked my BH a few days beforehand if there was anything I could do to make the day easier. He felt like he could tackle the day without needing anything additional from me and hoped he wouldn't even remember it, just like last year.

We went to church, had lunch, spent time watching football and playing video games, I gave him some time alone to help my mom move, and then we had dinner and our same old bedtime routine.

The day only weighed heavily on me during my 45-minute drive to my mom's, mainly because there was nothing to distract my thoughts. I just sobbed the entire drive there and back. Not in an "I feel bad for myself" kind of way, but because of the crushing disappointment that this is life now and there is nothing I can do to fix what I've done. There is no time machine or redo on life.

I cried for my BH because I know how deeply the affair has hurt him, and I cried for the future I thought we would have.

I know that probably doesn't sound even slightly motivating, but it is still so much better than how I was feeling and thinking last year.

Every single day with my husband post-D-Day is a gift that I am incredibly grateful for. I pray so hard that we can both heal and find a way through the mess I made, together. And if we can't, I am confident now that God has a plan for both my husband and me that will ultimately bring us peace.

I hope everyone here is able to find that same hope, peace, and acceptance along their own journey.

posts: 28   ·   registered: Jan. 18th, 2025
id 8906971
default

WoodThrush2 ( member #85057) posted at 8:32 PM on Tuesday, October 6th, 2026

That is a tender post. It is so nice to see someone with a softened heart. Peace and healing to you.

posts: 476   ·   registered: Jul. 29th, 2024   ·   location: New York
id 8906972
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20260728a 2002-2026 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy