After every IC session, I first have a wave of positivity (by having talked freely to someone, new breakthroughs, more understanding, trust that I can achieve my goals) , followed by a couple of hours of mental tiredness / a little bit of desolation (elaborating all the has been discussed, reflecting on how to move forward / the magnitude of things).
This week, after IC, I went to do some grocery shopping and the shop’s radio aired "Friday I am in love" by The Cure.
I loved the band so much when I was younger, never stopped liking them. But I haven’t been listening to much music lately (at least not for "pure" enjoyment).
Hearing that song gave me a boost of positivity (it even made the dull grocery shopping empowering!).
Today that is actually Friday, I put it on many times (I even danced a bit). And although I can’t say things are easy for me atm (like in the song, I literally nearly fall apart every day of the week) when I listened to it, I temporarily left all that was going on behind, and felt grateful that it’s Friday and it’s the best day of the week (I can feel blue again tomorrow
)
Here are the lyrics (I hope this song is not a trigger for anyone. Apologies if it is)
I don't care if Monday's blue
Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too
Thursday, I don't care about you
It's Friday, I'm in love
Monday you can fall apart
Tuesday, Wednesday break my heart
Oh, Thursday doesn't even start
It's Friday, I'm in love
Saturday, wait
And Sunday always comes too late
But Friday, never hesitate
I don't care if Monday's black
Tuesday, Wednesday, heart attack
Thursday, never looking back
It's Friday, I'm in love
Monday you can hold your head
Tuesday, Wednesday, stay in bed
Or Thursday watch the walls instead
It's Friday, I'm in love
Saturday, wait
And Sunday always comes too late
But Friday, never hesitate
Dressed up to the eyes
It's a wonderful surprise
To see your shoes and your spirits rise
Throw out your frown
And just smile at the sound
Sleek as a shriek, spinning 'round and 'round
Always take a big bite
It's such a gorgeous sight
To see you eat in the middle of the night
You can never get enough
Enough of this stuff
It's Friday, I'm in love
I don't care if Monday's blue
Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too
Thursday, I don't care about you
It's Friday, I'm in love
Monday you can fall apart
Tuesday, Wednesday, break my heart
Thursday doesn't even start
It's Friday, I'm in love
[This message edited by LonelyGuilty at 9:02 PM, Friday, October 9th]