Celebrating 5000 days of Sobriety
I haven't been back for a while, but I know some old timers will remember my sobriety journey, especially the pics that I used to share from our favourite winter island destination. Unfortunately, due, in part, to my H's health ups and downs, (plus the seeming nightmare of air travel), I don't think we'll get there this year. Life is good; we're old and moving more slowly, but we are holding on tighter and love each other very, very much. We just celebrated 55 years together back in early December.
18 comments posted: Wednesday, January 4th, 2023
Thirteen Years Sobriety
16 comments posted: Wednesday, April 27th, 2022
Thirteen years ago today
I broke my husband's heart. Our marriage was irrevocably changed.
We are still together, reconciled, I have been forgiven (such a wonderful gift!).
My H still struggles with his feelings, of course....betrayed by his wife and best friend so many years ago.
He has stayed on SI for support, to proffer advice, and to enjoy SPF.
I rarely sign in; I read Off Topic and occasionally post; I peruse the R and WS forums and wish that I had words of wisdom to share.
I rediscovered my faith the week before DDay in 2009 ~ a premonition/warning...I am now very active in our church and lead Morning Prayer and preach.
H enjoys listening to his classic rock albums (vinyl, of course), puttering around with his antiques and art....we lead a comfortable retired life.
We have been blessed with a grandson (born in 2020, our little COVID grandchild) who helps us focus on life! He helps my H focus on joy! Watching short WhatsApp videos of him brings smiles to our faces and contentment in our hearts.
We are both in our 70s, and our health is declining with age and medical issues.
But we are together and holding on tighter!
I love my husband. He loves me.
6 comments posted: Wednesday, April 13th, 2022
Happy Birthday somanyyears!!!
Getting my social distancing class ready...
...and they're flying down the lake...
10 comments posted: Wednesday, July 1st, 2020
Happy Birthday, smy!!! on Canada Day!!!
6 comments posted: Monday, July 1st, 2019
For My Fellow SIers Who Are Tired of Winter
My son sent me this....thought I'd share....there's hope for spring
6 comments posted: Friday, March 29th, 2019
Mangled Heart please
Could you please change my new Survivor thread title to the fancy one for this new season 36?
2 comments posted: Monday, February 26th, 2018
Survivor Ghost Island
Season 36 starts on Wednesday, February 28th.
The show returns to the Mamanuca Islands in Fiji.
Like last season, weekly updates will be posted on Thursdays.
Please come in and share...
Survivor: Ghost Island
This season features 20 new castaways divided into two groups of 10. The “Ghost Tribe” theme itself revolves around the bad decisions of past players.
In a new twist, players may be sent to a separate haunted island with a graveyard of artifacts representing past Survivor blunders. It's a place that offers the opportunity to seize cursed relics including real idols and advantages from the past, including from Brazil, China, Africa, and Australia, and use them toward future purposes. Can the players "reverse the curse" on an immunity idol that was previously played poorly?
These castaways will be forced to compete against each other with the same ultimate goal: to outwit, outplay, and outlast each other in an attempt to become the Sole Survivor.
The Naviti Tribe
• Angela Perkins (Army Veteran, age 42) ~ Final four, Lost fire challenge to Wendell, 10th and final member of the Jury
• Bradley Kleihege (Law Student, age 26)~ Voted off 7th
• Chelsea Townsend (EMT & Professional Cheerleader, age 24)~ Voted off 13th, sixth member of the Jury
• Chris Noble (Professional Model, age 27) ~ Voted off 8th, first member of the Jury
• Desiree Afuye (Student, age 21)~ Voted off 10th, third member of the Jury
• Domenick Abbate (Construction Supervisor, age 38) ~ Final three, 2nd place finish
• Kellyn Bechtold (Career Counselor, age 31) ~ Voted off 14th, seventh member of the Jury
• Morgan Ricke (Marine Animal Trainer, age 29) ~ Voted off 3rd
• Sebastian Noel (Fishing Guide, age 22) ~ Final six, Voted off 15th, eighth member of the Jury
• Wendell Holland (Furniture Company Owner, age 33) ~ WINNER
The Malolo Tribe
• Brendan Shapiro (P.E. Teacher, age 41) ~ Voted off 4th
• Donathan Hurley (Caretaker, age 26) ~ Final six, Voted off 16th, ninth member of the Jury
• Jacob Derwin (Music Teacher, age 22) ~ Voted off 2nd
• James Lim (Business Analyst, age 24) ~ Voted off 6th
• Jenna Bowman (Advertising Account Executive, age 23) ~ Voted off 11th, fourth member of the Jury
• Laurel Johnson (Financial Consultant, age 29)~ Final three, was forced to choose the Winner after a 5/5 vote split between Domenick and Wendell
• Libby Vincek (Social Media Strategist, age 24) ~ Voted off 9th, second member of the Jury
• Michael Yerger (Real Estate Agent, age 18) ~ Voted off 12th, fifth member of the Jury
• Stephanie Gonzalez (Graphic Sales, age 26) ~ Voted off 1st
• Stephanie Johnson (Yoga Instructor, age 34) ~ Voted off 5th
[This message edited by looking forward at 8:33 AM, May 24th (Thursday)]
25 comments posted: Monday, February 26th, 2018
Happy Groundhog Day
How soon is spring? As far as I'm concerned, not soon enough!
But here are some of the prognosticators' forecasts:
Folklore has it that if a groundhog sees his shadow after emerging from his burrow, there will be six more weeks of winter. If it's a cloudy day, spring is just around the corner!
Nova Scotia's Shubenacadie Sam was the first to waddle out - he didn't see his shadow.
Ontario's Wiarton Willie also predicted six more weeks of winter at 8:07 am ET.
So spring is coming, people!!!
Their American cousin, Punxsutawney Phil in Pennsylvania did see his shadow at 7:18 a.m. ET - more winter weather.
2 comments posted: Friday, February 2nd, 2018
Expiration dates on food
I have always been very observant with expiry dates on canned goods, condiments, etc. My 42 year-old son is more extreme than me.
He sent me this pic today:
3 comments posted: Thursday, February 1st, 2018
Hi there, mods!
Any chance that we can have a Survivor thread for the new season that starts tonight?
Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers
Many fans await.....
45 comments posted: Wednesday, September 27th, 2017
Share Your Santa Pics
I believe we had this thread last year, and it was quite enjoyable to travel the sentimental journey and our childhood (not!) photos with Santa.
Please share yours!
Merry Christmas, SI!
These are with my twin sister (she's 15 minutes younger).
1955, Age 4 1/2
Last week, Age 64, 60 years after the first.
[This message edited by looking forward at 10:39 PM, December 25th (Friday)]
1 comment posted: Sunday, December 20th, 2015
Happy Canada Day!
Our True North Strong And Free!
148 years young!
A mari usque ad mare
....Happy Birthday to my H (known as a Dominion Day baby back in the old days...)
[This message edited by looking forward at 7:43 AM, July 1st (Wednesday)]
1 comment posted: Wednesday, July 1st, 2015
What is it? What's emerging?
I took this photo a couple of weeks ago.
9 comments posted: Friday, June 26th, 2015