Return to Forum List

Return to Divorce/Separation® > Divorce/Separation

You are not logged in. Login here or register.

When the AP works at the courthouse

hcsv posted 12/6/2019 15:40 PM

She not only works at the courthouse (probate and family court), I found out that she most likely is the clerk for the modification cases, of which I have filed.

So, not only did I feel violated when ex asshat shared my (our) most personal, marital and family business with her, she now has access to all my legal business and I feel violated all over again.

Can I do anything about this? I have a call in to my attorney.

steadychevy posted 12/6/2019 17:27 PM

Good thing you're contacting your attorney. Seems like there should be something that can be done. Maybe getting her ass fired but what grounds other than being a shit person. Conflict of interest?

BearlyBreathing posted 12/6/2019 19:14 PM

Damn. I hope your lawyer can find a way to help. Sorry for the extra pain...

Catwoman posted 12/6/2019 19:15 PM

Unfortunately, these are ALL public records, and I am not sure there is any recourse at all.

That being said, if you can switch courtrooms (most clerks are assigned to one courtroom only), that might be the best course of action. Of course, she will still be able to look and see what's going on, but she won't be able to see immediately things that have filed.

There may be something your attorney could do, but it's not likely, since we're dealing with public documents.


Chaos posted 12/6/2019 19:54 PM

Contacting your attorney is smart.

I'm not an attorney nor do I play one on TV. BUT I wonder out loud if her having anything to do with your paperwork could be considered a conflict of interest.

I also wonder if your attorney contacting her supervisor and requesting she have nothing to do with your case would have any bearing. I would like to think that even as a professional courtesy she would be kept away from your case.

paboy posted 12/8/2019 01:56 AM

Perhaps have her subpoenaed as part of the Court case. Now that would really bring it to light.

Chrysalis123 posted 12/8/2019 07:44 AM

Yikes-that is awful. Going through a divorce is bad enough without this.

If you know you will see her dress to the nines, head up, proud walk, and totally ignore her. Pretend she is dead. Also, a good friend at your side might be very helpful too.

Also, if for any reason you need to talk with her for a court reason or she is the clerk on your case, ask for the supervisor/judge and explain the situation and your discomfort. Can't hurt to ask.

[This message edited by Chrysalis123 at 7:46 AM, December 8th (Sunday)]

Bleu posted 12/8/2019 08:30 AM

That totally sucks. (((HUGS))).

If she does not have a counterpart, maybe they can take over.

If not, your attorney and her supervisor can monitor your case for any impropriety.

Return to Forum List

Return to Divorce/Separation

© 2002-2020 ®. All Rights Reserved.     Privacy Policy