Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Dewshine

General :
Waiting for remorse

default

 Shrug6645 (original poster new member #87446) posted at 3:15 PM on Monday, October 5th, 2026

Background: Trying to reconcile with WH. ~6 weeks post-D-Day #2, and 4 months post-D-day #1. WH had physical and emotional affairs with a woman he met in an online forum for finding extramarital partners. Married 12 years, together 19. No kids, but years of dealing with infertility.

As we all know, surviving this is a lot of ups and downs. Currently in a down. I started on antidepressants about a month ago, which has been tremendously helpful in keeping me functional enough to work, see family, etc. But it is still hard to get through the days.

Sometimes I worry I am ruminating— am I fixated on this? Am I just picking at it? And then other times I worry I am in denial and not upset enough. It’s exhausting to not trust my own emotions.

The thing I’m currently "ruminating" on is feeling devalued. How could I not? I have mentioned this multiple times to WH, and said I need to feel like he actually loves me. He is trying, so I will give him credit for that, but it just doesn’t feel like it’s moving the needle for me at all. If anything, overtime I feel worse. I wonder if this is in part because he does not really seem remorseful. He flat out said he wasn’t sorry for the initial affair, but he was sorry for starting it up again. He has said he is sorry for hurting me, but obviously it wasn’t enough to prevent him from continuing to hurt me.

I know that it can take a while for the wandering spouse to break out of the affair and come to terms with the reality of what they did. But as I sit here waiting for him to feel sorry for shattering me and our life, I have to wonder how long is it supposed to take? And what if he never feels sorry? Am I okay with that? How can I heal and try to rebuild a life with someone who isn’t sorry for doing something so cruel? Sometimes I wonder if that was the point, or at least part of it. That he wanted to hurt me. That would partially explain why he’s not sorry— he wanted to hurt me, and he achieved that goal.

Anyone else feel like it took a long time for true remorse to kick in?

posts: 10   ·   registered: Jun. 4th, 2026   ·   location: USA
id 8906910
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20260728a 2002-2026 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy