Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: GettingThere08

Reconciliation :
Thankful Thursday

Want2BHappyAgain (original poster member #45088) posted at 3:20 PM on Thursday, August 11th, 2022

WTAF...Grandchildren...what a BLESSING they are, aren't they grin ?!

This Thankful Thursday I want to write how THANKFUL I am to be HOME from our wonderful and much needed vacation grin !! We had a lot of FUN...and visited with some amazing friends and family smile . I am so THANKFUL we were able to see them again after all of this MESS we've all been through these last couple of years. There truly is no greater TREASURE is there???!!! That also includes friends who have become family grin !!

But I sure do ENJOY being HOME grin !! It isn't anything fancy...but it is my SAFE HAVEN. It is OUR dream home...for the most part laugh ...and we got to spend our last day of vacation just being home...TOGETHER smile . We came SO CLOSE to losing that 8 years ago. But we BOTH went ALL IN...put in the work...and now we are back to ENJOYING this again. Thank You God for not giving up on us...and showing us how to not give up on each other grin !!!

A "perfect marriage" is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other.

With God ALL things are possible (Matthew 19:26)

I AM happy again...It CAN happen!!!

From respect comes great love...sassylee

posts: 6630   ·   registered: Oct. 2nd, 2014   ·   location: Southeastern United States
id 8750006

Want2BHappyAgain (original poster member #45088) posted at 2:37 PM on Thursday, August 18th, 2022

HAPPY Thankful Thursday everyone grin !! Bon Dieu...there were NO other thankful posts last week except mine. I sure HOPE it was because the rest of y'all were having too much FUN to be able to come on here to write smile . Maybe that will mean there will be LOTS of posts today writing about what happened last week!! One can only hope grin !!

I am very THANKFUL today for the bounty of seafood we have here in our state smile . We went to eat boiled crabs yesterday...after our friends caught over 5 dozen of them. If anyone has not gone crabbing...you don't know what you are missing grin . It is another reason our beaches here are not good for tourism. The water is too dark to see what is lurking below...and MANY times our toes will get pinched by the numerous crabs over here laugh . Thank God for swim shoes!!

I am also very THANKFUL for friends smile . The crabs were boiled to perfection...but what made it really SPECIAL was the visit we had with our friends grin . We don't have much down here in south Louisiana. Our state is usually at the bottom of most statistics and polls. But we sure do know how to "pass a good time" smile . We really are BLESSED grin !!!

ETA: because I missed putting in the word "not"...making it look like Louisiana beaches are good for tourism...when they are NOT!!!

[This message edited by Want2BHappyAgain at 10:00 PM, Thursday, August 18th]

A "perfect marriage" is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other.

posts: 6630   ·   registered: Oct. 2nd, 2014   ·   location: Southeastern United States
id 8750947

Tanner ( Guide #72235) posted at 5:49 PM on Thursday, August 18th, 2022

So much to be thankful for today. Today was the first day of school and our Son rode the bus. He was so excited and it was the first independent thing he has done. He has an attendant with him one on one all day and especially on the bus. He was so excited.

Today was the first day I took my W on a date 33 years ago. Who would have ever guessed we would be here all these years later with 4 kids and 3 grandkids. Life sure flys by, I’m thankful for my family.

Dday Sept 7 2019 doing well in R BH M 32 years

posts: 3475   ·   registered: Dec. 5th, 2019   ·   location: Texas DFW
id 8750961

Tanner ( Guide #72235) posted at 5:53 PM on Thursday, August 18th, 2022

W2BHA I never considered that about the LA beaches. Everyone goes to MS AL or Fl. I don’t want anything touching me under the water 😮

id 8750962

Want2BHappyAgain (original poster member #45088) posted at 10:06 PM on Thursday, August 18th, 2022

Ooops Coozann!! I forgot to put the word "not" in that statement. Our beaches are caused from the silt that came down from the Mississippi River. They are not that pretty white quartz sand like the other Gulf Coast beaches. But at least we have more rich soil from our yankee neighbors laugh !!!

id 8751000

This0is0Fine ( member #72277) posted at 10:56 PM on Thursday, August 18th, 2022

I'm thankful the sun is going down at a reasonable hour again! I like those long days, but it is hard to put the kids to bed when it's still light outside.

Love is not a measure of capacity for pain you are willing to endure for your partner.

id 8751009

Tanner ( Guide #72235) posted at 4:36 AM on Friday, August 19th, 2022

I understood what you were saying Cuz.

I like those long days, but it is hard to put the kids to bed when it's still light outside.

I totally agree, now that school started today, I’m done with long days.

Let me add to thankful Thursday that we had a drastic cool down in N Texas today. My whole mood had improved.

id 8751050

Tanner ( Guide #72235) posted at 9:14 PM on Thursday, August 25th, 2022

I’m thankful for school going well for a week now. Life is getting back to normal. Weather is changing for the better. No complaints.

id 8752133

Want2BHappyAgain (original poster member #45088) posted at 1:23 AM on Friday, August 26th, 2022

The weather is MUCH cooler down here...but the RAIN is keeping me from cutting my grass. I guess that is a WIN-WIN laugh !!

Today I am so THANKFUL for another business opening up in our town smile . It will be a year on August 29th that Ida devastated our area. There is still a lot of damage...but things are getting back to normal again...and it feels so GOOD to see so many places opening back up grin . After several years of TURMOIL around here...it is so NICE to have things feeling NORMAL smile .

I just PRAY that we continue to have a quiet hurricane season like we have had so far this year!

id 8752181

Want2BHappyAgain (original poster member #45088) posted at 3:16 PM on Thursday, September 1st, 2022

Happy Thankful Thursday everyone grin !!

I am listening to my H talking with a client over the phone...and I am thinking about how THANKFUL I am that he is able to work from home right now smile . We travel a lot for his job...and we do enjoy going to new places. But I believe our BEST time is when we are home...TOGETHER!

When we were younger...and both had jobs outside of the home...it was very hectic. We also had children that were into different activities that required our evenings and weekends to be spent doing things with and for them. It was FUN...but it sure didn't leave us with that much quality time like we have NOW smile . We now get to spend weekends going to events for our grandchildren...but it is a whole lot different than doing ALL of that stuff for our children!!

LIFE is ever changing. Sometimes it brings us JOY...and sometimes we have heartache. But where we ARE is not where we will BE forever. So for TODAY...I will relish THIS time in our life...and be very THANKFUL for it grin !!!

id 8753312

Tanner ( Guide #72235) posted at 5:27 PM on Thursday, September 1st, 2022

I’m thankful for September, August is full antiversaries and many death dates in my family. My Dday antiversary is coming up in a week and I feel pretty good, because I survived another August.

My W is in the final days of prep for a bikini competition. She is really looking great, she’s not that bulky muscular look, it’s more female physique, abs, glutes, and over all muscle definition.

She is very passionate about health and fitness. She was 240 lbs size 16 when she started. She dedicates her time and social media to giving women hope, that it’s not too late or too far gone. She’s not looking to win anything, she’s already a winner she has conquered her body image issues she’s had all her adult life. I’m super proud of her and she has a heart of gold.

Happy 3 day weekend!!!

id 8753330

Grieving ( member #79540) posted at 9:10 PM on Thursday, September 1st, 2022

I am thankful for the three day weekend. Wrangling 100+ 14 year olds each day is wearing me out.

Want2Be, that’s great about the time you and your husband get together. And Tanner, that’s amazing about your wife!! The two of you both are inspiring.

Husband had six month affair with co-worker. Found out 7/2020. Married 20 years at that point; two teenaged kids. Reconciling.

id 8753368

MegMeg ( member #79978) posted at 10:19 PM on Thursday, September 1st, 2022

I am so very grateful for having the pleasure of announcing a wonderful, beautiful, healthy grandson. I will add my prayers and wishes here, and here alone, to you good people and our higher power, that he will live a life surrounded by people of integrity and honesty, and he too, will grow to become an honest, loyal and faithful man. That, unlike his grandparents, he will never know or cause the pain of infidelity, but will have true and faithful partner in life.

Me: BS | Him: WS | Children: Grown | Married: 36 years at DDay Feb 2021

posts: 104   ·   registered: Feb. 20th, 2022   ·   location: Pulling myself out of the mire
id 8753386

sisoon ( Moderator #31240) posted at 10:40 PM on Thursday, September 1st, 2022

I'm very thankful for R. I'm very thankful that I have certain capabilities long after I turned 50, which Masters and Johnson suggested was the limit when I was 22. I wish I had the capabilities I had when I was 22, but that never was in the cards.... smile I'm very grateful for retirement and not having to serve employers and customers - I liked most of both, but the bad ones took a lot of pleasure away from working for the good ones. And I'm very grateful for our son and GS, rising teen though GS may be.

MegMeg, Congratulations. I hope your wished come true.

fBH (me) - on d-day: 66, Married 43, together 45, same sex ap
DDay - 12/22/2010
Recover'd and R'ed
You don't have to like your boundaries. You just have to set and enforce them.

posts: 30061   ·   registered: Feb. 18th, 2011   ·   location: Illinois
id 8753390

Tanner ( Guide #72235) posted at 5:42 PM on Thursday, September 8th, 2022

I’m thankful for making it through another Dday antiversary, yesterday. It really was a great day, my wife made me breakfast and streak for dinner. She worked very hard 3 hours yesterday in the gym to prepare for our trip tomorrow. She will be competing Saturday. She sat at the edge of the bed last night and fell asleep. I looked at her sleeping and realize she was worth the gift of R. This hard working, loving wife is the person I married, I’m not surprised she fixed herself and made things right, I’m more surprised she ever became a wayward wife to begin with.

She has sacrificed for months eating egg whites, oatmeal, and chicken breasts. The minute she steps off stage I will have Crumbl Cookies for her, then we are going to Hooters for wings and a pitcher of beer, her choice believe it or not and Mexican food on Sunday. Monday she will be back on plan reversing out of her calorie deficit.

[This message edited by Tanner at 6:23 PM, Thursday, September 8th]

id 8754371

ohmy_marie ( new member #469) posted at 6:04 PM on Thursday, September 8th, 2022

Today, I'm thankful for peace & quiet (nothing on my calendar).

BS & WS. Married

Every opportunity lost can be traced back to the failure to adapt. --Bernard Branson

posts: 37   ·   registered: Sep. 5th, 2002   ·   location: USA
id 8754374

MIgander ( member #71285) posted at 6:15 PM on Thursday, September 8th, 2022

I am thankful for:
-supportive friends
-developing a network of quality women for doing "ladies night" things.
-great and supportive IC and MC
-growing into myself before it's too late
-SI and all the people who have been supporting me (AND reading my novels laugh blush )

WW/BW Dday July 2019. BH/WH- multiple EA's. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

posts: 1183   ·   registered: Aug. 15th, 2019   ·   location: Michigan
id 8754377

Tanner ( Guide #72235) posted at 6:26 PM on Thursday, September 8th, 2022

Glad to see you here MIgander. There is always something to be thankful for.

id 8754381

This0is0Fine ( member #72277) posted at 6:50 PM on Thursday, September 8th, 2022

I'm thankful for football and that my latest beer turned out well. Tonight, I will watch the opener and have a homebrew.

Love is not a measure of capacity for pain you are willing to endure for your partner.

id 8754385

Want2BHappyAgain (original poster member #45088) posted at 8:41 PM on Thursday, September 8th, 2022

Oh gosh...what a LOT of thankful posts to read...from last week to this one...WOOHOO grin !! I'm very thankful to be able to get on here and read all of them with a smile smile .

I have been battling my LONG grass today...but I am so thankful that I was able to get it all cut smile . It has been raining every day for over 2 weeks. I wasn't sure the yard was dry enough...but I took the chance and it is DONE...Thank You God grin !! I am now hearing thunder outside...I finished just in time!!!

I saw on the news that Queen Elizabeth passed away today. What an AMAZING life she had!! Her life and family had its ups and downs...and we all watched it play out publicly. But in the end...she died surrounded by her family and loved ones...and that is so special.

So for TODAY...I am REALLY thankful for my family and loved ones as well smile . We aren't perfect ...but there is love all around...and it warms my heart to have them as a part of my life smile .

id 8754404
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240712a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy